Low RPM miss..... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Low RPM miss.....

anyone else expierianced a little miss usually at low rpms, but only when you are at about 10 percent throttle. if you give her some gas it goes away....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 07:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to golfmuch
I had that for a couple days. Bad gas from a station that had recently changed over to Ethanol. Put some seafoam in the tank. It took 2 tank fulls to go away.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 12:12 AM

You missed pointing out a few things about your bike. The fact that you have a power commander 3, titanium two brothers exhaust, bmc air filter, and a custom dyno tune might help a bit with the diagnosis.

The bad gas idea could definitely be valid, but it could be a fuel table that isn't mapped quite right. Did it start before or after your dyno tune?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

actually it just started about two days ago, i think the ethanol idea may be right paired with the re-mapped bike, i did notice it went away a bit for awhile so it was probably because i put good gas in it, ive just been riding so much latly its been hard to keep track. i took it back and got a new map yesterday becasue he wanted me to bring it back in a week and run it one more time. I did some research over a few beers tonight on gas with ethanol, and is seeming to go hand in hand. good thing it rains so much here that all i can do is sit around and write about it instead of actaully try ideas! ill get you the map tomorrow and you can give it a try
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

ok i found a guy on versys.co.uk whoes having the same problem, with no mods, and a few others were having it too, anybody here had that?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 09:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
On the fench Kawette forum as well when it's colder outside... You could check your TPS setting and throttle body vacuum synchronization.

Last edited by invader; 09-09-2008 at 03:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode