Sticking Throttle Cable
Hey everyone. It's been a really long time since my last post...
I'm having trouble with my 2011 Versys throttle cable sticking when the handle bars are turned to the right. Is it time for new cables???
Here's the deal:
1. Throttle cables replaced about 2 years ago, about 15K-20K miles ago.
2. Adjusted free play with handlebars more or less centered
3. Throttle not returning to closed position when handlebars turned to right.
4. Checked, routed, unrouted, rerouted, checked and rerouted cables a few times. All should be good there.
5. Lubed cables (still sticking)
6. Readjusted free play according to instructions in manual with handle bars centered (still sticking to the right)
7. Readjusted freeplay with handle bars to the right (throttle returns, but lots of freeplay when handle bars centered)
Note: When following instructions in the manual, the first step is to turn the adjuster barrel at the control lever (accelerator cable) all the way in, then adjust the barrel on the decelerator cable down near the throttle body. Then turn out the accelerator cable until proper free play is achieved. The problem is that there is zero free play and turning out the accelerator cable only makes it tighter and it won't return at all, in any position.
Am I missing something??? Maybe the cables are damaged inside the housing, but they look OK at the ends. They moved freely when I lubed the cables.
2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
Last edited by BaileyMan; 03-08-2017 at 10:42 AM.