Headlamp adjustment - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Headlamp adjustment

The owners manual says to remove the fairing but Steve was wiser and told me to use a phillips screwdriver. That was a good ideal. Me being the old country boy I am just had to try to find an easier way and it was simple. I turned the forks all the way to the right and spotted the adjuster and thought just maybe my hand will reach right in there. It was so easy ,I could not beleive I waited this long to adjust the light. Just slide my arm in from the bottom ,no problem. Sometimes you are a nut and sometimes you are not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 03:28 AM

mountainrider, thanks for the tip. Not that I ride much at night (that's one of my wife's strict rules regarding me riding, and it makes sense to avoid), but in winter it happens at times.

I'll fine tune my lights like you said. Shoot, I still have to put in those 65W bulbs sitting on my desk.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 06:48 AM

The 65W OSRAM Halogen bulbs are great. I adjusted my headlight again last night and got it out far enough that I don't think I will be overdriving it. The easiest way I found to find the right height is to put it behind my car and raise it until I got the top of the beam up to the middle of the tag. That should be low enough not to blind oncoming traffic.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:18 PM

how far out

at what distance out are you adjusting the beam with the stock bulbs?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

I did not go on any certain distance. Just ride and adjust.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 01:28 PM

It's tight, but I found I could get my meat hooks onto the adjuster while sitting on the bike with the fairing ON. It made adjusting the light way easier. It had to come up A LOT!

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 01:57 PM

I read some instructions for aiming that said to aim from 25 feet away and the beam should be 4% lower at 25 feet than the headlight. If I can find the instructions I will scan them. I just parked the V across the driveway, sat on it and lined the top of the beam up with the license plate of my car. Rode it with that setting for the first time today and it is so much better.

Also, I just used a long phillips head screwdriver to turn the wheel...I had to bring mine way up too.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 07:21 PM

Great tip Mountainrider. So simple its like one of those true "duh" moments.

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman325 View Post
Great tip Mountainrider. So simple its like one of those true "duh" moments.

Sometimes the simple things are so tough to grab onto.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:37 PM

Finally put in the 65W OSRAM (took me a while since first time) and adjusted light way up. I hope I'm not blinding anyone because I can see a long way now. The beam is wide too.

Was able to adjust both vert and horz just by hand with panels on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode