Digital display issue - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Digital display issue

I have a 2015 650lt. I have a terrible time seeing the displays in the digital dash display. It's grey and darker than the tach, which I have no trouble seeing. in fact the digital display is almost impossible to see unless the sun is behind me illuminating it. I have not really explored if there's a back lighting issue, etc and this is the only display I've paid attention to, so I don't know if they're all like this or not. Unless the lighting is just right I can't see the fuel bars, the speed is even hard to see, much less the mileage or various icons. Is this normal? TIA, steve
Steve in Sunny Fl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 01:53 PM
Member
 
ItsForrest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Jamestown, NC
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Note that I have a 2015 1000 so you have a different display but If I wear glasses with any kind of coating or polarizing the digital display is difficult or impossible to read.
If I use the tinted drop-down shade in my Shoei helmet. it's ok.

The urge to buy terrorizes
ItsForrest is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsForrest View Post
Note that I have a 2015 1000 so you have a different display but If I wear glasses with any kind of coating or polarizing the digital display is difficult or impossible to read.
If I use the tinted drop-down shade in my Shoei helmet. it's ok.
I use a shoei gt air, with the shield down it's impossible to read. No dark glasses, I'm not that cool Steve
Steve in Sunny Fl is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 06:23 PM
Member
 
quexpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,006
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Sunny Fl View Post
I use a shoei gt air, with the shield down it's impossible to read. No dark glasses, I'm not that cool Steve
I also use a Shoei GT Air and have no difficulty reading the digital display on my MK3 even with the sun visor down.
Did you compare your digital display to one on another MK3? It could be the problem.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
quexpress is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 01:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: mid Flowriduh
Posts: 612
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Steve, iffn' you're still coming to River Ratz on Sunday, bring the V and we'll compare. Are you coming up for breakkie and the Roy ride? It will be a hoot on the V.

Later.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


And most of Canada too, eh?
SteveJ is online now  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 08:17 AM
Member
 
twowheeladdict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,283
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I have to wear polarized sunglasses due to my extreme farsightedness plus astigmatisms and some digital displays have to be looked at from the right angle to be visible. Never had an issue with the Versys, but the tiny display on the KLX250S can be challenging.

My Versys Travels:


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
twowheeladdict is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
Steve, iffn' you're still coming to River Ratz on Sunday, bring the V and we'll compare. Are you coming up for breakkie and the Roy ride? It will be a hoot on the V.

Later.
Was just planning to be at river ratz, and didn't know what will be under me. the 14 hasn't been out of the shop since I got the v. Steve
Steve in Sunny Fl is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: mid Flowriduh
Posts: 612
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Sunny Fl View Post
Was just planning to be at river ratz, and didn't know what will be under me. the 14 hasn't been out of the shop since I got the v. Steve
If nothing else, you can look at my dash. I'm not gonna try to keep up with Roy on KLR.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


And most of Canada too, eh?
SteveJ is online now  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 11:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Hot Springs, SD
Posts: 909
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I have some difficulty seeing all the small icons but that has to do with my eyes not the display. As mentioned, if I wear polarized glasses (my sun glasses are) I get all kinds of rainbow effects when looking through a faceshield or plexi-windshield. I have not noticed a problem with the display however.
Duffy is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
 
fasteddiecopeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC - summer; Florence, AZ - winter
Posts: 17,822
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Sunny Fl View Post
I have a 2015 650lt. I have a terrible time seeing the displays in the digital dash display. It's grey and darker than the tach, which I have no trouble seeing. in fact the digital display is almost impossible to see unless the sun is behind me illuminating it. I have not really explored if there's a back lighting issue, etc and this is the only display I've paid attention to, so I don't know if they're all like this or not. Unless the lighting is just right I can't see the fuel bars, the speed is even hard to see, much less the mileage or various icons. Is this normal? TIA, steve
I wear glasses w/ "transition" lenses (they darken automatically), and I've NEVER had any issues reading the displays on my '15 650, visor UP or DOWN on any of my helmets. I feel that they are quite easy to read.

I suggest that there's a problem w/ your displays.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fasteddiecopeman is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I wear glasses w/ "transition" lenses (they darken automatically), and I've NEVER had any issues reading the displays on my '15 650, visor UP or DOWN on any of my helmets. I feel that they are quite easy to read.

I suggest that there's a problem w/ your displays.
upon a little examination, the backlighting is fine but I'm getting so many shadows it's blocking the view. Is there a stick on product that I can put on that will cut the shadows and glare? Steve
Steve in Sunny Fl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome