Digital display issue - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Digital display issue

I have a 2015 650lt. I have a terrible time seeing the displays in the digital dash display. It's grey and darker than the tach, which I have no trouble seeing. in fact the digital display is almost impossible to see unless the sun is behind me illuminating it. I have not really explored if there's a back lighting issue, etc and this is the only display I've paid attention to, so I don't know if they're all like this or not. Unless the lighting is just right I can't see the fuel bars, the speed is even hard to see, much less the mileage or various icons. Is this normal? TIA, steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Note that I have a 2015 1000 so you have a different display but If I wear glasses with any kind of coating or polarizing the digital display is difficult or impossible to read.
If I use the tinted drop-down shade in my Shoei helmet. it's ok.

The urge to buy terrorizes
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsForrest View Post
Note that I have a 2015 1000 so you have a different display but If I wear glasses with any kind of coating or polarizing the digital display is difficult or impossible to read.
If I use the tinted drop-down shade in my Shoei helmet. it's ok.
I use a shoei gt air, with the shield down it's impossible to read. No dark glasses, I'm not that cool Steve

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Sunny Fl View Post
I use a shoei gt air, with the shield down it's impossible to read. No dark glasses, I'm not that cool Steve
I also use a Shoei GT Air and have no difficulty reading the digital display on my MK3 even with the sun visor down.
Did you compare your digital display to one on another MK3? It could be the problem.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 01:10 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Steve, iffn' you're still coming to River Ratz on Sunday, bring the V and we'll compare. Are you coming up for breakkie and the Roy ride? It will be a hoot on the V.

Later.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And most of Canada too, eh?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I have to wear polarized sunglasses due to my extreme farsightedness plus astigmatisms and some digital displays have to be looked at from the right angle to be visible. Never had an issue with the Versys, but the tiny display on the KLX250S can be challenging.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
Steve, iffn' you're still coming to River Ratz on Sunday, bring the V and we'll compare. Are you coming up for breakkie and the Roy ride? It will be a hoot on the V.

Later.
Was just planning to be at river ratz, and didn't know what will be under me. the 14 hasn't been out of the shop since I got the v. Steve
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Was just planning to be at river ratz, and didn't know what will be under me. the 14 hasn't been out of the shop since I got the v. Steve
If nothing else, you can look at my dash. I'm not gonna try to keep up with Roy on KLR.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 11:23 AM

I have some difficulty seeing all the small icons but that has to do with my eyes not the display. As mentioned, if I wear polarized glasses (my sun glasses are) I get all kinds of rainbow effects when looking through a faceshield or plexi-windshield. I have not noticed a problem with the display however.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
I have a 2015 650lt. I have a terrible time seeing the displays in the digital dash display. It's grey and darker than the tach, which I have no trouble seeing. in fact the digital display is almost impossible to see unless the sun is behind me illuminating it. I have not really explored if there's a back lighting issue, etc and this is the only display I've paid attention to, so I don't know if they're all like this or not. Unless the lighting is just right I can't see the fuel bars, the speed is even hard to see, much less the mileage or various icons. Is this normal? TIA, steve
I wear glasses w/ "transition" lenses (they darken automatically), and I've NEVER had any issues reading the displays on my '15 650, visor UP or DOWN on any of my helmets. I feel that they are quite easy to read.

I suggest that there's a problem w/ your displays.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I wear glasses w/ "transition" lenses (they darken automatically), and I've NEVER had any issues reading the displays on my '15 650, visor UP or DOWN on any of my helmets. I feel that they are quite easy to read.

I suggest that there's a problem w/ your displays.
upon a little examination, the backlighting is fine but I'm getting so many shadows it's blocking the view. Is there a stick on product that I can put on that will cut the shadows and glare? Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode