• 1 Post By Green Streak
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By Corvette96
  • 1 Post By Doug Just Doug

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2015 Rear Stands

Is anybody using the Pit Bull SS rear stand?
If so is it a good buy? Looking to buy something!
Thanks
Woodman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 12:03 PM

on my 2008 I use the harbor freight rear stand. But on the 2015 the rear fender is a little longer so I use the pit bull forward handle rear stand. I also have the pit bull hybrid front stand .Bought both on craigslist for about $120.00. I think the pit bull ss hayabusa rear stand is made for bikes with longer rear fender.

Last edited by turn8a; 12-30-2016 at 12:07 PM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Rear Stand

Awesome thanks!! I drink a bier to you today!!!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Any spool type rear stand will work with the bike but with a stand that uses a center handle you will need to push in the flexible plastic rear fender tip below the license plate about an inch to get clearance for the stand handle when trying to latch to the spools. Not a deal breaker but it makes lifting the bike slightly more difficult when doing it by yourself as you have to do this while positioning the stand and balancing the bike. IMO putting up with this minor issue is better than paying the exorbitant price for a Pit Bull stand.

8mm spools for type 3 versys, 10mm spools for type 1 and type 2 versys. Use blue loctite when attaching spools. Spools are cheap on eBay.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I lengthened the Harbor Freight stand and it works great on the 2015. Before lengthening it hit the fender.

Lengthened the Harbor Freight Stand
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn8a View Post
on my 2008 I use the harbor freight rear stand. But on the 2015 the rear fender is a little longer so I use the pit bull forward handle rear stand. I also have the pit bull hybrid front stand .Bought both on craibgslist for about $120.00. I think the pit bull ss hayabusa rear stand is made for bikes with longer rear fender.
How has the PB forward handle stand working for you? I just discovered the rear handle PB stand is a no-go on my 2015 due to that fender issue.Should've searched this forum first, but PB didn't show the stand being incompatible with the MK3. Anyone want to buy a stand?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
How has the PB forward handle stand working for you? I just discovered the rear handle PB stand is a no-go on my 2015 due to that fender issue.Should've searched this forum first, but PB didn't show the stand being incompatible with the MK3. Anyone want to buy a stand?

I like the pb forward stand it works good. I think on the pit bull web site it says that the hyabusa rear stand works with bikes with longer rear fenders.
Doug Just Doug likes this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 07:17 PM

This T-Rex rear stand will work fine with no modifications to the bike or the stand. It is built like a tank and is very easy to lift the bike. The rear fender clears because of the V shaped handle. I have one and I like it.

Black TRex Rear Motorcycle Stand V
Doug Just Doug likes this.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
Shorten your "tail" and it'll work great (try SEARCH for my thread).
Duffy likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 05:55 PM

2015 Rear Stand

I use the Bully Dog rear stand on my 2015 and it didn't work that well until I shortened the license plate bracket a couple inches, then it worked great. I always thought that bracket was too long anyway.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 09:42 AM

Garage
I use the Pitbull SS rear stand for my 15 Versys 650 LT. It is amazing! So so so so so solid. Build quality is amazing and looks fantastic. I bought it from revzilla with the extended removable handle for 175 of Revzilla. Highly recommend it! They price match to and give you zilla cash on every purchase. You do need to buy the pitbull spools as well to match the bike. I got the red ones for my green Versys and they look great.
turn8a likes this.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 07:52 AM

Garage
I have the Pit Bull stand and really love it. I had to trim my back plastic fender a few inches and put it back together. Not something I planned on doing, but it looks stock even with the trim.

BEST,
ANDY

"ALWAYS IN QUESTION, NEVER IN DOUBT".
Visit me at andyversystheworld on Facebook for Pictures and Updates.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 07:55 PM

Revzilla is exchanging my SS stand for the Hyabusa, et al. stand designed for longer fenders, and has changed their website to day the SS doesn't fit the MK3 Versys unless the fender is removed or shortened.

Last edited by Doug Just Doug; 02-07-2017 at 07:57 PM.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 12:49 PM

Garage
I have a PitBull and love it! Way over built and the welds are perfect, they really take pride in their work. Every time I lever my bike up on the stand I am reminded why I spend a few dollars more.
Note: I did section my rear fender about 2 inches to make it work without moving the fender out of the way.

BEST,
ANDY

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 06:25 AM

Garage
I have the same set up! Love the Pit Bull stand, way over built and works great. I also got the matching Pit Bull spools, but in conservative black! Enjoy.

BEST,
ANDY

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 08:31 AM

Following up on #13 above, the "Busa" stand still interferes with the MK3 fender, preventing the engagement of both spools at once. Adjusting the forks vertically didn't help.

The work-around was to roll the rear tire onto a piece of leftover countertop I had lying around. The extra inch or so of elevation allowed the handle to clear the fender, and as a bonus, made lifting a bit easier, too.

I notified Revzilla, who is forwarding my pics to Pit Bull and I think is going to change the product description to reflect that it doesn't work with the MK3 stock fender. So after trying the two PB stands (which are built like tanks, BTW) I'd say go with the forward-handle version or another brand that has been shown definitively to work. Unless you've cut or eliminated the fender, of course.
quexpress likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode