Kickstand - installing another bike's KS when lowering - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By captpfd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Kickstand - installing another bike's KS when lowering

Just picked up a nice 2016 650 LT and want to lower it. Part of that lowering process is to shorten the kick stand or replace it with a shorter one.

Has anyone lowered their 3rd gen and replaced their kickstand with one from another bike rather than cutting/shortening their original? If so:

1. What year and model bike did the kickstand come from?
2. How much shorter is the new kickstand than the original?

Yes, I've searched the forum but when most folks post about it, they say I've used one off of "X" bike but most times they don't say what year their bike is and usually don't say what year the bike is that the stand is coming from. I need specifics for the stand they put on their '15 or '16 650 LT.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 06:43 PM

I just purchased a 15 650LT and bought the Motowerks lowering block and kickstand kit. Both cost $180 but very nice products. When the day comes to sell the Versys I will buy a used OEM kickstand for $20 bucks and put it back on and sell the Motowerks parts.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by captpfd View Post
I just purchased a 15 650LT and bought the Motowerks lowering block and kickstand kit. Both cost $180 but very nice products. When the day comes to sell the Versys I will buy a used OEM kickstand for $20 bucks and put it back on and sell the Motowerks parts.

I did the same thing today and ordered the kit with stand insert. If I knew of a stand from another bike that would just bolt right on and be the same length as the modified one with the insert, I'd use it instead.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode