Help! Still learning, need a hand - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Help! Still learning, need a hand

So I was doing some minor repairs on the V due to a light laydown earlier this week. Repaired the clutch lever, and then noticed my shifting pedal was bent slightly inwards and I bent it back with a bit of effort. After starting up the bike I noticed that I could not shift past neutral to 2nd gear. I was curious if this was something I messed up during my repairs (I dunno how). I have a few questions about some parts I saw while taking a closer look... I mostly want to know what they are and what they do. I couldn't place them in any of my schematics or repair manual I downloaded and would like to know if they are in the right place. Thanks for any help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bike1.JPG (615.2 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg Bike2.JPG (569.0 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg Bike3.JPG (398.6 KB, 112 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 12:57 AM

#1 is a vent hose from probably your fuel tank. It appears to be correct. #2 is a connector with an empty plug in it. It tucks up behind a built-in tab on the countershaft sprocket cover just up from where your holding it. #3 is the kickstand switch wire and it is correctly routed. Make sure and check your linkage that it's not hitting the shift lever. Also have you ridden the bike and tried to shift it? For years Kawasaki has had a shift system that will not allow you to put it in 2nd while sitting still, thus making it easier to find neutral. Hope this helps!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Perfect! Thank you! Yes, I was riding my other old bike today and am so used to checking that all the gears go into place before riding that I wasn't used to the neutral finder the V has. Figured it out after consulting the manual. Thanks again for the identifications, I was worried that one connected was supposed to be plugged into something, haha!

Cheers,

Rabbit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode