2Likes
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By twowheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Battery Question

I think my battery is near the end of it's life as it does not hold a charge well and the bike requires boosting if left for more than a week or two.

Question is should I get a brand name Yuso AGM battery for $120CDN or go with the no name AGM (Parts Canada) battery at $65? Similar specs., am I just paying for a name?

Last edited by twowheels; 12-08-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Original Equipment

[QUOTE=twowheels;1264402]I think my battery is near the end of it's life as it does not hold a charge well and the bike requires boosting if left for more than a week or two.

Question is should I get a brand name Yuso AGM battery for $120CDN or go with the no name AGM (Parts Canada) battery at $65? Similar specs., am I just paying for a name?[/QUOTE

I purchased the OEM battery from a place called Motorcycle Parts and Accessories, Motocross, Snowmobile and ATV

Two options, one for $70 and one $90 approx. That was for my 07, got the $70 one, the other had more plates, the $70 was the same OEM part number that lasted almost 6 years.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
[quote=onewizard;1264442]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I think my battery is near the end of it's life as it does not hold a charge well and the bike requires boosting if left for more than a week or two.

Question is should I get a brand name Yuso AGM battery for $120CDN or go with the no name AGM (Parts Canada) battery at $65? Similar specs., am I just paying for a name?[/QUOTE

I purchased the OEM battery from a place called Motorcycle Parts and Accessories, Motocross, Snowmobile and ATV

Two options, one for $70 and one $90 approx. That was for my 07, got the $70 one, the other had more plates, the $70 was the same OEM part number that lasted almost 6 years.
Thanks for the link. Think they may have raised their prices since your purchase. The cheapest battery Royal Distributing carries for the Versys is the $100 Yuasa YTX12-BS, the high performance Yuasa YTX14AHL-BS is $110 (cheaper than FortNine).

FortNine sells the Parts Canada battery though for $66. Now that I've compared specs, it seems to have similar specs to the high performance alternative from Yuasa. Only problem now is the price is below the $100 free shipping minimum and shipping a battery will be $20.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Farkles Never End!!

[quote=twowheels;1264778]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post

Thanks for the link. Think they may have raised their prices since your purchase. The cheapest battery Royal Distributing carries for the Versys is the $100 Yuasa YTX12-BS, the high performance Yuasa YTX14AHL-BS is $110 (cheaper than FortNine).

FortNine sells the Parts Canada battery though for $66. Now that I've compared specs, it seems to have similar specs to the high performance alternative from Yuasa. Only problem now is the price is below the $100 free shipping minimum and shipping a battery will be $20.
Come on!!! You can't find something you need, like a chain alignment tool, cable lubber, Phillips Vision T10 leds ,
Lours_Polaire likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Found a local retailer who sells the Parts Canada AGM battery for $60 and bought it there. It seems to have the same specs. as the high performance Yuasa battery, which sells at twice the price. Slightly heavier, perhaps due to increased lead content. I like the idea of a lightweight lithium ion battery but don't want to pay the rediculous price. There is also the question of how well these things stand up vs the known performance of AGM technology.
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by twowheels; 12-10-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode