ABS going backwards.... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ABS going backwards....

Strange scenario. I just picked up my 2015 Versys 650 ABS a few weeks ago. Just have about 370 miles on it now.
My driveway as a very slight decline on it, maybe a few degrees. I always go forward into the garage. When leaving, I start it up and then back it out down the drive way then turn out into the street. While I'm backing up, I have my hand slightly pressed on the front brakes, so I don't come down too fast. But as I do this, what I notice on my bike is the ABS light stays on and it pulses very bad, sometimes even grabbing the disc fully. When I then go forward, the ABS light goes away and it acts normal. It's not a major problem, but just a little annoying as I back out my driveway all the time. Do you think the ABS sensor is just acting up as it sees the bike is in reverse? Is this normal or not? Just wondering.
thanks.
Greg
Orlando, FL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 05:32 PM

I back out of my garage onto drive way the way you do(slight down hill). My abs light stays lit till I let out the clutch and go forward. I have never experienced
the pulsing that you are. And I always ride the front brake backing out of the garage.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn8a View Post
I back out of my garage onto drive way the way you do(slight down hill). My abs light stays lit till I let out the clutch and go forward. I have never experienced
the pulsing that you are. And I always ride the front brake backing out of the garage.
Yes, my ABS lit stays lit till I go forward as well, but going backwards...it does have this pulsing. Will have to ask the dealer one day..thanks.

Greg

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
Yes, my ABS lit stays lit till I go forward as well, but going backwards...it does have this pulsing. Will have to ask the dealer one day..thanks.

Greg
Do a search on abs on this forum .(might be on the post abs made me crash or something like that)I think someone was saying that the abs should not work until you go over a certain speed.I would not think you are going that speed backwards .
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
ABS / Reset/ Owners Manual

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...90-post49.html

Read the owners manual, info in there that isn't in the 600 and some page service manual, go figure. OK I need to say something, look up ABS in the service manual, go to that page, you get there, it says to go to chapter Periodic Maintenance, read through that, it says check Owners manual , the amount of time spent in printing NOTHING, would have been better to repeat what was in the owners manual, I know when I bought my 2015, the dealer had a hard time finding the manual for my bike. You would think it would be attached to the bike, not the case FYI.
turn8a likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
FWIW - I ALWAYS drive up to the garage in a "semi-circular" way, so that the V is about 45degrees away from facing the street, then back it in the rest of the way, turning the rest of the 45 so it totals 90degrees, thus facing the street. That way I'm always riding OUT, facing OUT. And, of course, my ABS light is ON till I start moving on the Gen 3.

-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Back out with the bike off. No worries about ABS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode