• 4 Post By cjcintucson
  • 1 Post By Naitramde
  • 1 Post By trialsguy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up No problem

Hi Guys,

I m quite new in here.Learned lot of good things by site.Thx in advance.But I read so many interesting issues about Versys 650 by their owners.
I ve 2015 Versy 650.I bought it brand new and 600 miles service done by Mission Motorsport and also 4000 Miles again by the same dealer.
Last year I rode from LA to Oregon and back almost 2700 miles.I did rode even off-road (30 miles) in this tour.Now it is 7000 miles on my odo and not any any problem I ve lived with it.
Why, so many problems and issues are publicated here by the owners.I just follow regular service schedule and that is it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Because it is a forum to help fellow owners solve problems; you naturally get the pouring out of all things that might have gone wrong for somebody. You are right, constantly reading the forums sometimes makes you think nothing is right about your _________ (insert name of motorcycle, car, refrigerator, etc.). Few folks write in with letters like yours, even though mostly trouble free operation is probably the norm for a high percentage of owners. None of this is to say there is anything wrong about the forum, it is a wealth of information that keeps your bike on the road and not in the shop. Sometimes what you read makes you feel like you have to worry about what the next things is to go wrong - which is not true of course. Do as you said: continue with regular service and keep riding.
onewizard, ATYC, quexpress and 1 others like this.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 10:32 AM

Garage
^^What he said^^

I enjoy reading through the forum. It helps me understand how the bike works and what to look for. But I found myself worrying about issues that I didn't have. I had to remind myself to just keep riding and enjoying the bike and not to worry about non-existent problems.
ItsForrest likes this.

Ed

2011 Versys 650

Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent... Proverbs 17:28

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 10:36 AM

I suppose that this would be a very boring forum if 99% of our readers posted that their Versys started and ran fine today... ;o)
onewizard likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Members 57000 and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialsguy View Post
I suppose that this would be a very boring forum if 99% of our readers posted that their Versys started and ran fine today... ;o)
We could start a thread, my bike is OK Today--No Way You Say, Yous a Poet and Don't Know It
Okay, that all I got, need to clean out the garage, Halloween tonight, and find a way of mounting my GoPro
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
BTW - I have 30,000 miles and 9 riding seasons on my Versys - the bike has never suffered a mechanical failure or malfunction.

I am also very careful, constantly aware, and self restrained - to try to not "fix" something... that is not broken.

[But I have made several minor changes, that are reversible, like a different rear shock, seat, muffler, air cleaner, handlebars, mirrors, lights, tires, lowering link, fork settings, bags, rack, crash bars, several windscreens, foot peg lower-ers, etc.]

Last edited by trialsguy; 10-31-2016 at 11:49 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
... but so true!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Had a few errands to do today, using BIG RED, my '08 V.

BTW - it started and ran fine today (for about 100 miles, now around 66,xxx miles...!).

-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
problem.with versys. 650.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode