• 1 Post By kuri77
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By Glenno

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Moto Werk Peg Lowering Blocks & Brake Lever Nut

Video & Photos. You can skip the first 3.5 minutes to get to product review...

Versys 1000 Moto Werk's Goodies by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
hi way bars

Much as I liked the motowerks hi way peg option I unfortunately found them very uncomfortable although the build quality was top notch. I have a 30 inch inseam on a 5' 9" frame so normal size. My legs were up way too high for me, felt like a pretzel. Contemplated returning them but the frame mount clamp was ingenious and I figured it would take me quite a while to rig something up as good. So got out my drill and cutoff wheel and made these. Took some time to get the pin and hole lined up but finally after much trial and error came up with this. Not pretty but I plan to round off the edges and paint them black so they'll more or less blend in with the black plastic. Went on a 200 mile ride yesterday and it was awesome. My custom seat to replace the lousy stock one was not much better than stock until I got these made. Now the seat is great too. Win/win for me. These extensions are almost 4 inches longer than the motowerks ones. Pretty cheap to make and you have to buy your own footpegs regardless. The metal is 5/16 inch aluminum bar stock so adds little weight. They're high enough I don't touch down on hard corners so I'm pretty happy with them all in all. Just wish they had had a longer version option when I ordered them.
P.E. likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
How "long" are those pieces? How did you compensate for the other side which doesn't stick out as far. Got a pic of the other side............inquiring minds want to know (I must build something similar or my back/butt will suffer on the first 200+ mile ride).

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm not a do-it yourself kinda guy so I'll stick with what i know works........www.motowerk.com

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I'm not a do-it yourself kinda guy so I'll stick with what i know works........www.motowerk.com

What foot pegs are you using and where did you buy them?

Versatile Versys
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post
What foot pegs are you using and where did you buy them?

I've always got the best price at amazon....https://www.amazon.com/Rivco-Product...o+highway+pegs

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I've always got the best price at amazon....https://www.amazon.com/Rivco-Product...o+highway+pegs
Thank you kindly.
weljo2001 likes this.

Versatile Versys
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
kuri77 - " I have a 30 inch inseam on a 5' 9" frame so normal size. My legs were up way too high for me, felt like a pretzel....

Have you thought about lowering your stock footpegs? Motowerks' piece brings them down 1.3" which REALLY opens up the rider-triangle for MOST of us...!

-

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
How "long" are those pieces? How did you compensate for the other side which doesn't stick out as far. Got a pic of the other side............inquiring minds want to know (I must build something similar or my back/butt will suffer on the first 200+ mile ride).
My pieces are 9 1/2 inches long and so 3 inches longer than motowerks rather than 4 because I measured the mw one from the upper hole instead of the lower one. You're right, one side is further out but the frame mounts are on straight and my bars don't touch anything. This is a great mod if you like to stretch out which I do.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 09:44 PM

[QUOTE=weljo2001;1227682]I'm not a do-it yourself kinda guy so I'll stick with what i know works........www.motowerk.com

I can understand that but I'm telling you these do work. It's not rocket science, only a couple of pieces of metal with a couple of holes drilled in them. Your pics show them straight down which in my case doesn't let me stretch out and puts my knees way too high.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
kuri77 - " I have a 30 inch inseam on a 5' 9" frame so normal size. My legs were up way too high for me, felt like a pretzel....

Have you thought about lowering your stock footpegs? Motowerks' piece brings them down 1.3" which REALLY opens up the rider-triangle for MOST of us...!

-
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't need to spend any more $ on this. I only use the oem pegs for shifting and then my feet go right to the hi way pegs. Perfect for me now and an all day ride on Saturday proved it out to me.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
Got a pic of the other side..
http://[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kuri777/media/IMG_3596.jpg.html][/URL]

Did a lot of cornering on Sat when we went up Oak Glen Canyon and no touch downs at all. These pegs are same height as driver footpads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode