Aux lights dimmer switch - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kuri77

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Aux lights dimmer switch

I have 6 amp total aux led lights. Anyone recommending a dimmer switch for them? As in you bought it and it's working fine so that if I get one I can pick your brain if I run into snags. The PO had them wired into the high beams but they are so bright prevents my wanting to use them for daylight awareness. Rarely ride at night so basically useless to me at present. I did tip them down and will experiment with that some more if no dimmer workable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Another idea would be to use your existing light mounts and also mount daytime running light bullets (cheap most places) LEDs connected to your low beam.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Good idea and may have to consider that if there are no other solutions, thanks

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 06:22 PM

I use a Skene IQ-170, which has been superseded by this: Skene Design Motorcycle Visibility Lights I like it.

....ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds with the Devil close behind...
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you, it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed."
-Robert M. Pirsig
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

That looks like just the ticket, will look into it. Thanks
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Went riding with my buddy and after I tilted the aux lines down he said wasn't annoying at all. So came home yesterday in the dark and no one flashed their lights at me so I guess I'll just keep it that way. Rarely ride at night so riding with high beams and aux in daytime shouldn't be a problem for other drivers and makes me way more visible.
quexpress likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuri77 View Post
Went riding with my buddy and after I tilted the aux lines down he said wasn't annoying at all. So came home yesterday in the dark and no one flashed their lights at me so I guess I'll just keep it that way. Rarely ride at night so riding with high beams and aux in daytime shouldn't be a problem for other drivers and makes me way more visible.
Well done!

Note: Motolight recommends to set them to a 3 degree downward slant. On my previous bike, I have had my auxiliary lights adjusted that way for years without any dimmers, etc. .... and no one complained (fellow riders, oncoming vehicles, etc.). My Versys currently has 2 auxiliary LED lights (slanted 3 degrees downward) plus a LED light bar. A second pair of auxiliary LED lights will be added to the front this winter. Conspicuity is my main goal.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode