First Oil Change On The V 1000 (600 miles) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By outdoorgb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
First Oil Change On The V 1000 (600 miles)

Well its hot as hell today but wanted to get the first oil change done. One cover to remove 1-4mm hex bolt and 2-6mm hex bolts. Dumped the oil and removed filter. As you can see i stuck a screw driver through the filter and then used a big set of pliers to get the filter off. Drained well. Put in Castrol 10W-40 4T Dino Oil that O'Reillys had for $5.99 a quart. Put the PCS-1 Re-Usable filter that i've been using since 2010 on my 09 Versys then 07 FJR now on the 16 V-1000......

First Oil Change 600 miles by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I did my first a week or so ago....very easy to do. I found mine to take exactly 4qt...same for you?
weljo2001 likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorgb View Post
I did my first a week or so ago....very easy to do. I found mine to take exactly 4qt...same for you?
Yep, 4 put it right at the top line on the sight glass.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just installed the Givi Rack......

Givi Rack by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Put the Givi E-55 Topcase on.

Givi E-55 Topcase by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
How's the seat?

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
How's the seat?

So much better than the 650's was. Has a slight front slide to it but not bad. Was thinking about the SC kit. But might just leave it alone.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode