Aux Light Install Thread - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2016, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Aux Light Install Thread

Ordered 2 aux lights like this from a Chinese online supplier. but found I could not attach them easily to the bike. Disappointed as they were cheap and well made. Narrow beam spot and advertised at 3000LM, although the brightness may have been an exaggeration the price was only $15US per light.

Note I have the Denali aux light mounting brackets I purchased from a member here. These offer an angled plate with a single hole that attaches to the bike, as a mounting platform for a light.

So to rectify I recently purchased one of these to test. (4000LM, 4 U2 Cree 4T6 40W) for $45US on AliExpress. At 4000LM I may only need one. Also purchased a relay kit for $2 so I can wire them directly to the battery but have them switch on and off with the high beam. Note these lights seem to appear at many different price points online with different LEDs installed.

Will continue to update this thread when it arrives and I install.

Last edited by twowheels; 07-25-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2016, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Ordered 2 aux lights like this from a Chinese online supplier. but found I could not attach them easily to the bike. Disappointed as they were cheap and well made. Narrow beam spot and advertised at 3000LM, although the brightness may have been an exaggeration the price was only $15US per light.

Note I have the Denali aux light mounting brackets I purchased from a member here. These offer an angled plate with a single hole that attaches to the bike, as a mounting platform for a light.

So to rectify I recently purchased one of these to test. (4000LM, 4 U2 Cree 4T6 40W) for $45US on AliExpress. At 4000LM I may only need one. Also purchased a relay kit for $2 so I can wire them directly to the battery but have them switch on and off with the high beam. Note these lights seem to appear at many different price points online with different LEDs installed.

Will continue to update this thread when it arrives and I install.
Is this what you ordered?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-U2-...602141476.html

Your link did not seem to work.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Streak View Post
Your link did not seem to work.
That's it. Forgot to post link.

I've found the stock lights are woefully inadequate if there is no additional street illumination.

Last edited by twowheels; 07-26-2016 at 12:50 AM.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:40 AM

Old 07-26-2016, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I have a pair of led lights and the harness with a switch from superbrightleds.com ready to go. If my bike would ever make it in, I will install. I've been keeping up with all the different mounting possibilities and newer brackets I've seen on here. I keep going back and forth about fork mount vs body side mount. I'll post up here when done and follow this in the meantime.

My new escape, 16' Gen3 Versys 650ABS
Old 11-04-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
That's it. Forgot to post link.

I've found the stock lights are woefully inadequate if there is no additional street illumination.
How have theses lights held up?

I have been looking at similar sets on aliexpress and was wondering if these have lasted a year plus down the road.

Green 2009 Versys 650
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:26 AM

Hi folks,

I assume that you buy something like picture under?

If yes how you connect them (electrically)
Direct on battery, but you have switch for ON and OFF?

Also can you say how good is that extra part on motorbike?
Prons and cons maybe?
What other riders say when they coming from opposite way on road? Lights going into eyes or not. How good is visibility at night with this lights?
I wish to order something like this, but I wish to hear review from you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lights.jpg (15.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-13-2019, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kardan View Post
Hi folks,

I assume that you buy something like picture under?

If yes how you connect them (electrically)
Direct on battery, but you have switch for ON and OFF?

Also can you say how good is that extra part on motorbike?
Prons and cons maybe?
What other riders say when they coming from opposite way on road? Lights going into eyes or not. How good is visibility at night with this lights?
I wish to order something like this, but I wish to hear review from you.
I have DENALI DM LED lights on my '15. I used the wire from my headlights so that they are on a "SWITCHED" circuit, but also have an ON/OFF switch, normally always selected ON.

https://fortnine.ca/en/denali-dm-sin...g-lighting-kit

I try NOT to ride after dark, so mainly these are to give a "triangle" to cage drivers so they know I'm there, and are mounted on the SW-Motech crash bar mounts.

onewizard and kardan like this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Old 07-13-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I have DENALI DM LED lights on my '15. I used the wire from my headlights so that they are on a "SWITCHED" circuit, but also have an ON/OFF switch, normally always selected ON.

https://fortnine.ca/en/denali-dm-sin...g-lighting-kit

I try NOT to ride after dark, so mainly these are to give a "triangle" to cage drivers so they know I'm there, and are mounted on the SW-Motech crash bar mounts.

Well this what I wish to buy is not OEM part, so I will connect direct on battery, but I will add 1 extra switch which will be under plastic behind lights, so nobody will know that here is 2 switch before you turn lights ON. (people know to play with buttons so this extra switch is here so nobody turn lights ON and drain my battery)
Because it is not OEM part, I will not do anyting on wiring until i check with service will that affect on warranty. In my country warranty know to be tricky, and I don't wish to lose that on new motorbike.
Anyway I will find solution, I always can ask service guy or shop for advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in