2016 1000 Versys Top Case installation question (PICS) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Glenno

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2016 1000 Versys Top Case installation question (PICS)

I purchased the Kawasaki top case for my 2016 Versys 1000. The installation directions has you remove two stock bolts and replace them with different bolts and spacers. My question is what is the purpose of changing these two bolts? They seem unrelated to the top case and I can't figure what there purpose is?

SEE PICTURES PLEASE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG5501.jpg (26.8 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG5504.jpg (54.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG5498.jpg (63.7 KB, 63 views)

Versatile Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post
I purchased the Kawasaki top case for my 2016 Versys 1000. The installation directions has you remove two stock bolts and replace them with different bolts and spacers. My question is what is the purpose of changing these two bolts? They seem unrelated to the top case and I can't figure what there purpose is?

SEE PICTURES PLEASE
Maybe thier stronger than the OEM ones.....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I ordered a Givi Rack Mount on tuesday and you don't need to replace those bolts with it.......https://www.accessoryinternational.c...directions.pdf

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Those spacers fit into something to make the bolts more rigid l think!?!

I don't really see how the new rack fits, but they provide them for a reason.

Quote from some profound author;
" Ours is not to question why, ours is just to do or die!"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the responses. I neglected to mention that the bolts are T40-torx type with the tamper prof nipple in the middle. Maybe they are so that someone is likely to try and come and un-bolt it and walk off with it? That seems far fetched? They seem to be made of the same metal as the stock ones so I don't believe they are any stronger? Maybe it's the spacers make it tighter theory? I guess I'll truly never know? I'll have to go with the quote. " Ours is not to question why, ours is just to do or die!" Thanks
weljo2001 likes this.

Versatile Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode