Admore Lighting Wiring Harness - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Question Admore Lighting Wiring Harness

Hi!

I am currently installing Admore lighting to the top box and also later to the side cases.

For those of you who have installed Admore lighting to your top box and/or side cases, how did you bring the wiring harness from under the seat to the cases?

I keep looking at my Versys and wonder what would be the most efficient yet clean installation. The seat could be lifted to take the harness out and connect it to the luggage. However the wires would then be compressed by the seat when re-installing it.

Any pics, insight, tips, etc. would be very appreciated!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Make Model Top Case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
Hi!

I am currently installing Admore lighting to the top box and also later to the side cases.

For those of you who have installed Admore lighting to your top box and/or side cases, how did you bring the wiring harness from under the seat to the cases?

I keep looking at my Versys and wonder what would be the most efficient yet clean installation. The seat could be lifted to take the harness out and connect it to the luggage. However the wires would then be compressed by the seat when re-installing it.

Any pics, insight, tips, etc. would be very appreciated!
I have done both my 07 and my 2015, the 2015 is top case only, the 07 I had Givi 35. I need the model of top case you are installing.
As to the side cases, I followed the wiring for the signal lights, again I need to know what side cases you are installing, I am assuming you are installing the led kits yourself and the cases aren't already pre-wired ?
I will dig out the pictures tomorrow, also will post the info on the regulator connector.

I have pictures of how I routed the wire inside the Givi 35 and the reason for it. For 2015 there are two holes at the back, one on each side, back of the grab rail, get a light shining inside the rear of the seat compartment, go to the back of the bike and look in the corner. I used a different routing but that will also work**pictures later.

Last edited by onewizard; 06-08-2016 at 07:22 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I drilled holes in the undertray of the underseat storage area all the way back by the tail light. I have my G35's lit up, and they are on the bike 100% of the time, so I wasn't worried about making it not noticeable when not using them.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 06:57 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I followed the turn signal wires. Took the back of the bike apart.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Shad top case and side cases

Sorry ...
Shad SH50 top case and SH36 side cases.

I'm not worried by the wiring connections. I have that covered (I think LOL).
My concern is that I like to ride the bike with and without the luggage. I could coil the wiring harness under the seat, as suggested by Admore and simply pull it out by lifting the seat. However that compresses the harness and I'm not fond of that.
I'm looking for a "clean" way of setting this up without leaving a few wiring harnesses dangling on the side of the bike when the luggage is not used (and avoiding the "crushed by the seat option).
Thanks!

I just shuffle slower.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
When I added an additional brake-light I ran the wire back as shown in this pic:

then I "notched" the plastic 'ridge' that's there, for about 1/2", then my wires are NOT being compressed. Sorry I don't have an AFTER pic to show you.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I "notched" the plastic 'ridge' that's there, for about 1/2", then my wires are NOT being compressed.
The KISS principle.
I thought about notching the ridge at 3 places (1 for the topcase and 2 for the sidecases). However I kept wondering if there was a better way.
Unless other suggestions/tips pop up, there's a good chance that I'll start notching.

Thank you

I just shuffle slower.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
No Comment on Grooving

I have pictures showing how I did it and several other non grooving options, done the way I would expect any automotive electrician to do.
The first pictures shows the top case and mini light bar coming out below the grab rail and wire tied to the top case support bracket. The second really simple solution, shows some red 12 gauge SEW wire coming out the right side rear of the bike, there is a identical opening on the left, shove your individual wire harness in each hole, left signal on left right on right. The sockets and plugs come colour coded from Admore, your top case pick a hole either left or right. I also show my tank bag and map case, both with black 1/8 and 3/16 shock cord. Put this on your mounting rail for top case, slip connector into it when cases are removed.

No drilling or grooving required*****I needed a break from pulling 4 inch ardox nails, at 600 and counting, only 60 to go

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160428_215907471.jpg (28.9 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160428_215935050.jpg (42.5 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160428_220038672.jpg (30.4 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160428_220115714.jpg (35.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160608_133145987.jpg (32.3 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160608_133159619.jpg (28.5 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160608_133211285.jpg (21.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160608_133247744.jpg (24.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160608_133337361.jpg (21.9 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160608_133436331.jpg (28.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160608_133612135.jpg (63.8 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160608_133741190.jpg (42.1 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by onewizard; 06-08-2016 at 01:35 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Keep it simple and just get the Admore Light Bar instead of having to wire all your cases.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Smile No comment on Grooving

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I have pictures showing how I did it and several other non grooving options, done the way I would expect any automotive electrician to do.
Thanks for the pics and insight. These will prover to be very useful.
Note: I have exchanged emails with Admore lighting and am waiting for their second reply.
I asked them to make me extra quick-disconnect connectors with bare wires at each end.
Thus I could have male connectors on the top and side cases, along with 3 male connectors on the bike. I would then make 3 short extensions with female quick-connectors at each end. These should permit quick connection/disconnection of the cases.

I just shuffle slower.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Keep it simple and just get the Admore Light Bar instead of having to wire all your cases.
I don't get along with simple LOL!
Even if I wanted to, I'm now committed. The LED strips are on the cases, etc.
Thanks!

I just shuffle slower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode