• 1 Post By Time
  • 1 Post By starky
  • 1 Post By Green Streak

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2015 kawasaki verys 650 - no power

Hi All

Need some help form the experts. I installed a 12v accessory to my verys 650 (2015) a fortnight back. I used the following:

1. kawasaki OEM relay kit (Item# 99994-0556)
https://www.kawasaki.com/Accessories...0FFF/999940556

2. Bikemaster 12V accessory soket (TC-6613WA)
Amazon.com: BikeMaster 12V/15A Standard Cigarette Lighter Socket for Power Supply TC-6613WA: Automotive

it all worked initially. However it stopped working a couple of days back. I took everything apart to check for losoe wires and used another 12v accessory socket - but still no power.

I realized that i had tried to use a portable air pressure unit a few days back and there was no power then. (did not test the 12v accessory after that).

http://www.amazon.com/Slime-40022-12...ilpage_o03_s00

Wanted to check if there is a fuse or something else i might have blown. Or is the relay gone or i have done some damage to the machine. Everything runs well and there are no warning lights.

I am pretty disappointing and long drives this weekend are out.

Can someone please advise - am completely distraught. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Check your fuses.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
When you put in the relay, it "powers-up" several things (I believe - FOUR). WHICH set of leads did you use?

You can check for 12v at one of the other sets of wires to 'prove' the relay is still functional (or NOT), which can help 'narrow' the search.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
When you put in the relay, it "powers-up" several things (I believe - FOUR). WHICH set of leads did you use?

You can check for 12v at one of the other sets of wires to 'prove' the relay is still functional (or NOT), which can help 'narrow' the search.

i used the wires after slicing a layer of black tape holding the male-female plugs together and plugged it in the 12v accessory. Reference form post shown below:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...t-install.html

Is there a fuse i should check for? location?

Are there other outlets powered by the relay i can use to plug in the 12v accessory?

Will the relay blow as easily as that? I had plugged the tire pressure unit when the bike ignition was on but engine was not running.

Sorry complete noob with the bike electricals here.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 03:18 PM

Garage
Check your manual. The fuse locations are shown there.

Cheers,

Charlie

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

fusebox 2c (accessory fuses) look fine.

any other advise?

thanks.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
The 2015 accessory wires run off a 5 amp fuse and a 30 amp relay. I suspect your compressor draws more than 5 amps and you blew the fuse. See photo for location. If you want more amps at the 12v outlet, use the accessory wires to trigger a separate relay connected directly to the battery, using an inline fuse.

Edit: Your compressor draws 280 watts. You blew the fuse. Replace.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ACC Fuse.jpg (150.7 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by IAMRA; 06-04-2016 at 04:59 PM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starky View Post
fusebox 2c (accessory fuses) look fine.

any other advise?

thanks.
I'd replace the fuse. I have has them look good but be bad. There not that much you know and replacing it might solve the problem.
weljo2001 likes this.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 05:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
I'd replace the fuse. I have has them look good but be bad. There not that much you know and replacing it might solve the problem.
Ditto....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I have has them
I have HAS them??? should be I have HAD them.

I need to talk to my doctor as I think my meds are off...again.

2012 650 Versys
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
I have HAS them??? should be I have HAD them.

I need to talk to my doctor as I think my meds are off...again.
need to file that fat finger down a bit

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

thanks a ton guys - i replaced the accessory fuse and voila - i got power. The fuse looked okay but the replacement fuse worked.

Gosh i should have done this first - 30 mins wasted along with a pulled lower back muscle trying to pick up the screws from the floor. :-(
weljo2001 likes this.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 09:58 PM

Always check the simple things first.

Glad you're back up and running.

2012 650 Versys
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
thanks a ton guys - i replaced the accessory fuse and voila - i got power. The fuse looked okay but the replacement fuse worked.

Gosh i should have done this first - 30 mins wasted along with a pulled lower back muscle trying to pick up the screws from the floor. :-(
For a quick fix, put battery clips on your air compressor leads. When you need to pump up a tire, just connect straight to the battery. Some compressors, such as mine come with battery clips.
Time likes this.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
IF a fuse doesn't appear to be 'done', I use my multi-meter to check if it's OK. (I also check any APPARENTLY burned-out bulbs the same way.)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 12:10 PM

Garage
Quote:

(

Damn, Why didn't i think of that....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

sometime the simple things leave us stumped...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode