5Likes
  • 3 Post By invader
  • 2 Post By MaverickAus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
About to head to 48k km need some answers

MY versys 650 (2008) is about to get to its 48000 km birthday and I need some answers about the necessity of some of the needed replacements that are mentioned in the srvice manuel.
The manuel says that there is need to replace fuel hose,brake hose and pipe,and spark plugs.
but friend of mine who is more experienced have told me that this are not neccessery treatments, and I just want to confirm that he is right.

thank for all the helpers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 09:48 PM

Unless you are planning a long trip, my advice would be to fix things as they fail, which is much less likely than the manual suggests. If it ain't broke, dont't fix it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 12:36 AM

Garage
At my 48K service I upgraded the brake lines to braided stainless steel and wished I had done them years before.

The Goodridge part numbers and prices in Victoria, BC (March 2015) were Front 143123 $123.99 & Rear 143139 $72.95

I also replaced the fuel line as we would be having the tank off anyway. It seemed in good condition.

We did replace the spark plugs even though they didn't really need it.

Cheers

Alan / BigAussie

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 02:52 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
At 48,000 kms on your 2008, you should certainly replace the spark plugs. You should also vacuum synch the TB's after adjusting your valve lash clearances. Replace coolant and brake fluid.

I see no need to replace my 2007's brake lines and fuel hose, although it hasn't been in the heat and sunlight much.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 08:46 AM

Garage
Yep pretty much agree with invader. IF you decided to replace brake lines get stainless steel braided lines they are so much better.
twowheels and bigaussie like this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkRider View Post
MY versys 650 (2008) is about to get to its 48000 km birthday and I need some answers about the necessity of some of the needed replacements that are mentioned in the srvice manuel.
The manuel says that there is need to replace fuel hose,brake hose and pipe,and spark plugs.
but friend of mine who is more experienced have told me that this are not neccessery treatments, and I just want to confirm that he is right.

thank for all the helpers!
My '08 has 66K miles. SS brake lines (just 'because'...), and plugs done a few times. Rest OEM.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 06:28 PM

100k km on an 08! mostly OEM. Excellent. I think these things are way more durable than most want to believe.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker46 View Post
100k km on an 08! mostly OEM. Excellent. I think these things are way more durable than most want to believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
My '08 has 66K miles. SS brake lines (just 'because'...), and plugs done a few times. Rest OEM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
Yep pretty much agree with invader. IF you decided to replace brake lines get stainless steel braided lines they are so much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
At 48,000 kms on your 2008, you should certainly replace the spark plugs. You should also vacuum synch the TB's after adjusting your valve lash clearances. Replace coolant and brake fluid.

I see no need to replace my 2007's brake lines and fuel hose, although it hasn't been in the heat and sunlight much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaussie View Post
At my 48K service I upgraded the brake lines to braided stainless steel and wished I had done them years before.

The Goodridge part numbers and prices in Victoria, BC (March 2015) were Front 143123 $123.99 & Rear 143139 $72.95

I also replaced the fuel line as we would be having the tank off anyway. It seemed in good condition.

We did replace the spark plugs even though they didn't really need it.

Cheers

Alan / BigAussie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfart View Post
Unless you are planning a long trip, my advice would be to fix things as they fail, which is much less likely than the manual suggests. If it ain't broke, dont't fix it.
Thanks a lot guys, Ill think I will go with the Invador suggestion.
Again, thanks for all the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode