I used Zeta XC handguards on my Gen 1 Vs, and REALLY liked how easy they were to remove the plastic covers to allow MORE wind onto my hands when it gets hot - they mount from the front.
My '15 guards give good protection, BUT they are difficult to remove the plastic covers from, because they are mounted from the REAR, three Philips screws per side going thru the aluminum portion INTO the plastic, and you need to move the guards quite a bit to access those screws, so I decided to modify mine.
The holes thru the aluminim 'bar' are 15/64" (5.9mm), so the nearest metric size that would give enough "meat" to cut threads looked like 8mm, 1.25 pitch, and that requires drilling the holes to 17/64", then running the 8mm 1.25 tap thru to cut the threads. I started on just ONE hole, in case my idea wouldn't work.
It DID, so I did the rest of the holes, aluminum drilled, then tapped...
then looked at how to drill thru the plastic cover so it was concentric w/ the now-tapped aluminum holes (the end one drilled in this pic),
then attached w/ some 8mm bolts I had in the bolt-bins