I finished my install after reviewing IAMRA Voltmeter/Oil Temp install
. I picked these Bosch white faced gauges from Amazon
to match the speedometer. This was my first real mod and there was a learning curve in getting the fairings off without breaking them.
I also ordered a 1/8" NPT and 3/8" NPT Dies to clean up the threads on the adapters that came in the kit. I planned on using AN fittings and steel braided line for the oil pressure line, but I cheaped out and used the nylon hose that came in the gauge kit.
I mounted the oil temperature probe in the same place that IAMRA did, at the oil pressure test port. I bought the NPTF adapter that IAMRA specified in his write-up, but my temp gauge probe was different and wouldn't fit the adapter.
To mount the line for the oil pressure gauge, I got some plumbing supplies from Lowes.
1, ProLine Brass Pipe Tee 1/8 in FIP all ends (BF-704NL)
1, ProLine Brass Pipe Nipple 1/8 in MIP x Close (BN-715NL)
I used the 1/8 in. Die to cleanup and reduce the taper angle of the close nipple and did the same with the 3/8 in. adapter for the temp gauge.
I drained the oil and removed the oil pressure sending unit, right next to the pressure test port shown in the manual image, used the close nipple and tee to add a second 1/8 in. NPT port where there was only the one before. The oil pressure sending unit is on the right angle of the tee and the oil pressure line for the gauge comes off the end.
Topped up the oil, rested for leaks and found that I had to add ptfe tape to the sending unit to get it to seal properly.