15-16 LT hard side bag installation question - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
15-16 LT hard side bag installation question

My question: What are passenger grab rail inserts? The directions that came with my stock Kawasaki hard bags call for the insertion of inserts. When I look at cheesy dark picture in the black and white installation manual it looks a lot like mine as they sit. Anyone have any experience with this?

Versatile Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
look closely

There are caps covering were the inserts go, pay close attention and save these, basically plugs.They are on the inside at the rear most point, tow on each side, however I needed to access them only for my Givi V56 top case, are you sure this is required for the luggage from Kawi, my understanding was it is already mounted as is.

I read your post a third time, I think what I suggested has nothing to do with your problem.And all kawi directions seem to be from the same photocopy machine, best to use as fire starter.

Last edited by onewizard; 05-05-2016 at 08:29 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Did you buy your bags separate from the bike?

To mount the bags they just slip into the slots. The kit the dealer uses includes rubber spacer bumpers which stick to the bag to stop rattles. I'm a bit baffled by whatever those inserts might be.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post
My question: What are passenger grab rail inserts? The directions that came with my stock Kawasaki hard bags call for the insertion of inserts. When I look at cheesy dark picture in the black and white installation manual it looks a lot like mine as they sit. Anyone have any experience with this?
Here is a clear pdf of assembly instructions.
https://www.kawasaki.com/Content/Upl..._999940537.pdf
The grab rail guards are adhesive scratch resistant plates.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the help. Long story & pics

The bags came with the bike just not on the day I took delivery. I didn't want to wait an extra week or two just for the side bags. When I went back to get them they had half put them together. They wanted me to bring them the key to set the lock tumblers up. When I brought them the key they said leave the key. I asked why? They said the tech guy had to leave and I needed to come back again. I asked how hard is it to set up the locks and are there directions included. They said are you a locksmith? I said no. I said let me see them please. Of course there were directions so the guy behind the counter was an AH. I took the bags and set the tumblers and got stymied with the "passenger handrail insert parts". Once I looked at them closely and realized they are little sticky form fit plates that I believe are for anti scratch or vibration harmonic control? I was able to install them properly. See pickers of my stick duct tape tool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG5217.jpg (30.2 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG5221.jpg (34.6 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG5220.jpg (33.9 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG5219.jpg (43.4 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG5218.jpg (35.6 KB, 101 views)

Versatile Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode