Continental Conti Trail Attack - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Continental Conti Trail Attack

A few years back I read a really involved comparison test of tires designed for use on heavier "adventure" bikes. The subject tire came in a pretty clear winner and I read other tests that also gave it glowing reviews. So, I put one on the back of my KLR650 and have been very happy with it. I rarely leave paved roads, but had occasion to last Fall and was impressed things went well as my off road skills are poor at best. Looking down the road, I was thinking of using them on the V650 and just got done confirming they are available in our sizes. I'm curious as to what the life might be on a bike more than 100 ponds heavier. Any of you using this tire and, if so, your thoughts?

...I am a Cafe Racer myself, on some days...and nights for that matter...and it is one of my finest addictions...
--- Hunter S. Thompson 1995 ---

2017 Triumph Street Scrambler, 2012 Triumph Thruxton, 2003 Ducati M800Sie, 2001 BMW R1100R-L, 1999 Kawasaki KLR650, 1996 Harley XLH Sportster S, 1972 Yamaha XS-2

Last edited by bluesman77; 04-11-2016 at 10:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman77 View Post
... I'm curious as to what the life might be on a bike more than 100 ponds heavier. Any of you using this tire and, if so, your thoughts?
When I rode a KLR we 'questioned' the advertised weight, so some of us weighed ours to find that the 'advertised' 377# was ACTUALLY about 417. So I would say that the weight difference is only about 50#, give-or-take....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wow........that really surprises me & good to know. I've yet to ride mine thanks to the weather since delivery & being too cheap to buy a plate toward the end of March, but just rolling it around the garage - it feels heavier than just 50#. Might have something to do w/ there being more rubber on the ground. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
When I rode a KLR we 'questioned' the advertised weight, so some of us weighed ours to find that the 'advertised' 377# was ACTUALLY about 417. So I would say that the weight difference is only about 50#, give-or-take....

...I am a Cafe Racer myself, on some days...and nights for that matter...and it is one of my finest addictions...
--- Hunter S. Thompson 1995 ---

2017 Triumph Street Scrambler, 2012 Triumph Thruxton, 2003 Ducati M800Sie, 2001 BMW R1100R-L, 1999 Kawasaki KLR650, 1996 Harley XLH Sportster S, 1972 Yamaha XS-2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode