2010 Mirrors on 2009 V - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2010 Mirrors on 2009 V

Can anyone tell me if 2010 Mirrors will fit my 2009 handlebar mount threads? One of the posts said that the 2010 V mirrors are the same as the KZ1000 mirrors that a lot of guys are using. Hope it's that easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie View Post
Can anyone tell me if 2010 Mirrors will fit my 2009 handlebar mount threads? One of the posts said that the 2010 V mirrors are the same as the KZ1000 mirrors that a lot of guys are using. Hope it's that easy.
KZ1000 mirrors do fit 09 models, so if 2010v mirrors are the same as KZ1000, then i thinks all are interchangeable. I just fitted KLR 4" stem from MASHONLINE mirror to me bike on trial. Have placed order for 8"stem and waiting for delivery.

check out : http://www.mashonline.com/New%20Site/ClampMirrors.html

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 12:09 PM

ME TOO......

After 9 months I am now done with vibrating mirror images and will gladly spare no expense to have rear view mirrors with solid images.

it's time. ((()))

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 01:34 PM

first rule of italian driving: what is behind you does not matter!

i only use the mirors really to see if someone is in a lane i plan to change on, which is no big deal if its a little fuzzy at higher speeds, and to see if someone is going to hit me from behind while i'm stopping, in which case they are clear since i am going slow or stopped.

do they better mirrors reduce the vibration? i would think you would have to start at the handlebar. maybe with some rox anitvibe risers.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 02:51 PM

Yes, they will fit (as will any other mirror with two 10 mm right hand threads, which means just about everything except mirrors made for Yamaha's). But, you can buy a pair of Emgo or BikeMaster mirrors that work just as well (or better in some cases) for less than a single Kawasaki mirror costs, so I'm not sure I'd go with the 2010/Z1000 mirrors.

Here is a BikeMaster/Ken Sean GPX mirror at speed on my Versys:

Seems clear enough to me...

Gustavo

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 02:59 PM

Ahh...Clear mirrors. I believe those exist only in fairy tales.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everybody. Not only do the stock mirrors vibrate, but the left one loosens up at high speeds and bumps-driving me crazy! A change is definitely in order.
SteveMartinUSA likes this.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 04:17 PM

Emgo works well for me; both on my 09 V, and also on my 2010 V.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 02:42 AM

Gustavo, at what speed where you going? Do they stay like that all the time, through the gears/revs and such? Are the Emgos the same, I mean, the same or better? Is that with the stock handlebar and nothing else? I tell you, I really don't care what they look like too much anymore if you can see out of them like that!

2009 GREEN Kawasaki Versys

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
Yes, they will fit (as will any other mirror with two 10 mm right hand threads, which means just about everything except mirrors made for Yamaha's). But, you can buy a pair of Emgo or BikeMaster mirrors that work just as well (or better in some cases) for less than a single Kawasaki mirror costs, so I'm not sure I'd go with the 2010/Z1000 mirrors.

Gustavo
How about a photo of the left mirror its seems to be the real problem

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 05:39 AM
djg

Obvious photoshop. Joke. That is very impressive, I will look those up. I loctited mine and at least they haven't loosened and rotated since.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie View Post
Not only do the stock mirrors vibrate, but the left one loosens up at high speeds and bumps-driving me crazy!
I fixed my mirrors for the loosening at speed and bumps, but unfortunately it does not fix vibrations. Got used to it however.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 10:16 AM

I have a 2010 V and hated the OEM mirrors. For one thing, they have this goofy pentagon-ish shape. One points up, the other points down because they only use one mirror - there's no left and right. The view on the right was good but on the left side you're looking at your arm. I switched them out to Emgos and the Motowerks extensions and am very happy with the result. Search previous threads for much discussion and Emgo photos - those convinced me to do the change out.

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 11:05 AM

For those Farkle-istas worried about clear rear vision, how about one of these?

http://www.tadibrothers.com/Products/View/SKU25750

or this so you can see the world (maybe even point one at your face to see your grin)

http://www.tadibrothers.com/Products/View/SKU32244

Or, of course, you could simply trade in for a Goldwing

V-Zee

Last edited by VerstehenZee; 07-24-2010 at 11:13 AM.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_milstead View Post
Gustavo, at what speed where you going? Do they stay like that all the time, through the gears/revs and such?
That picture was probably taken at 45MPH/4th gear (so figure 4K RPM). They get a bit buzzy around 6K because the Versys has a very distinct resonance at that engine speed. Gets clearer over 6K. Mirrors are mounted to stock thread on a stock bar.

I am not sure the Emgos are better, but they make an almost identical mirror (which wouldn't surprise me to find out it is the same mirror), so likely to be the same. I haven't tried the one that many here have with the rubber boot on the stalk.

weljo - they are about the same right/left, I'll try to remember to take a pic of the left one tomorrow.

Gustavo

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 06:18 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerstehenZee View Post
For those Farkle-istas worried about clear rear vision, how about one of these?

http://www.tadibrothers.com/Products/View/SKU25750

or this so you can see the world (maybe even point one at your face to see your grin)

http://www.tadibrothers.com/Products/View/SKU32244

V-Zee

Thanks Its now on my to do list.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 01:16 PM

The 2010 Z1000 and V use the same mirrors (same part numbers). I have had them on my 2008 for about four months and they are a huge improvement. They aren't rock solid, but I can actually tell what is behind me.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:

Gustavo
They look awesome. Are these the mirrors: SUPERBIKE REPLICA GPX MIRROR (Ken Sean) ? If so, are they longer than stock, or do you still have to use mirror extensions?

Dave C

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 03:28 PM

I put the Z1000 mirrors on my 2009. Based on posts on this forum, I ordered them from the dealer when I bought the bike and they were able to give me a good discount.
They came in boxes labeled right and left. They are symmetrical when mounted. When installing, I found that, given a thump, there was a lot less vibration on the Z mirror. The V mirror would continue to buzz after the Z had settled. I still get more left mirror vibration than right, they seem pretty good though for mirrors on a P-twin. They are moved outboard enough to be useful, don't loosen up, and they look stock on the bike.
Kawi obviously thought they were better on the bike as that's what they made stock for the 2010.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:

Gustavo
I would venture to say that a STILL photo of ANY mirror would appear to be clear. A video would show how it really appears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode