Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - a "PARTIAL" ride to the Needles Ferry
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 02:07 PM
jaaklucas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Now that I have my camera fixed and back here, w/ the weather forecast for 31C (88F) under scattered clouds LAST Friday - the 6th Sept - I planned a ride to the Needles Ferry along BC 6 from Vernon, as well as riding along Lake Okanagan at BOTH ends of the ride from Kelowna, and back.
I just missed you out there! I was on highway 6 on Thursday. I left Van on Wednesday,up the Duffy lake road and camped by Cache creek. Juniper Beach Prov. park, bad choice. Right in the middle of the east-west train mainline. Trains all night long, sleep for an hour at a time! Next day,my vision was 2 ferries. Over and down across Galena bay,down to the Needles boat and hit Highway 6 around 4PM and back to Vernon. Highway 6 through the Monashee pass is twistes of the highest order, I like going west best I think. If theres any bad weather around its here around these mountains. Ended up camping in Lumby Lions campground. Fri morning the weather was changing,on my way west back to good weather. I passed a Gen 3 Versys coming east in the mid-morning,maybe it was you! Looped up and down the improved Westside road,across the connector to Merrit and back on highway 6 to the Canyon and down. Passed a strange motorcycle fatality at Jackass mt., older guy who lost control,not speeding. Wind is deceptive in there,hot and strong that day, possible cause. A little sobering. Hit the weather right,I hear they got some crazy storms just after that.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome