Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - a "PARTIAL" ride to the Needles Ferry
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
fasteddiecopeman
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
a "PARTIAL" ride to the Needles Ferry

Now that I have my camera fixed and back here, w/ the weather forecast for 31C (88F) under scattered clouds LAST Friday - the 6th Sept - I planned a ride to the Needles Ferry along BC 6 from Vernon, as well as riding along Lake Okanagan at BOTH ends of the ride from Kelowna, and back.

As I was suiting-up around 1000, I briefly considered wearing something other than mesh, but headed out in mesh anyway. Riding along the lake I began questioning my decision, the clouds weren't 'breaking-up', but it wasn't THAT chilly... (YET!).

Along Lake Okanagan, and then riding BC 6 are awfully good riding roads - many twists, VG sight-lines - so I was having fun warming-up my tires, if NOT me!

The clouds were NOT dissipating as I expected, and I WAS cooling off (and regretting my decision to wear mesh), but I DO have heated grips, so turned them ON to a fairly HIGH position, and my hands started warming up. Oh well.

As I saw the distance TO the Ferry counting down from 80 kms I was getting REALLY cold, so I pulled over to check my altitude on the GPS, finding it reading 3860' ASL. I couldn't remember how much HIGHER the road would climb, so I decided to do a '180', have my lunch, then head back W towards Vernon.

The clouds started to disappear as my altitude lessened, the "ride enjoyment" level increased so I stopped for a pic of the Cherryville Roadhouse sign, and eventually it got sunny as I passed thru Vernon, then S along the lake.

All-in-all - GOOD ride even if I WAS wearing the wrong gear...!
Attached Images

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome