Kawasaki Versys Forum - View Single Post - Goldwing to Versys 1000
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Sailor Bill

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm back again. Thanks to those of you that have helped educate me. I just returned from a 2800 mile trip on the Wing and all was good. I did begin to notice that I had a more difficult time in the twisties than I remember. My friend on a Triumph Trophy seemed to handle the turns a little easier. The other thing that I noticed is my arms getting sore after over an hour of fairly intense riding. Probably the wheelbase and weight of the Wing were the contributing factors. I'm now again researching a lighter bike. I did look at a 2019 Versys and the black and white is (IMO) atrocious. A question that I would pose is: What would I really be missing if I bought a used Versys 1000 LT and spent the money on a cruise control. It would be thousands less money in case it just was not suitable after owning it for a while. Also, are their differences from 2015 to 2018? My friend is looking at a Yamaha Tracer GT as a good compromise but I am beginning to think that it may be a little too small for the interstate roads that are needed to get to the good places. We both bought Wings eight years ago because the Vulcan 900 and Suzuki 800 seemed too small for touring in the wind and other situations.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome