Peru or bust - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Peru or bust

Last year was one of the most hectic years I have ever experienced. Sold our farm in May, trailered most of our stuff to Edmonton, Ab, then flew back to Ontario and my wife and I rode the Wing (07) with camper trailer to Edmonton going thru some -2C weather north of the lakes, and getting wind blown on the prairies. Then, south, thru Crows Nest Pass and up through Central Bc, looking for a new home which we found in Clearwater, on the North Thompson River. The plan was to live in Edmonton, with our son, and look after his house while he spent a year in Peru with his wife, while the new home was vacant. Then in July, back down to Crows Nest pass with the Wing and camper, as a support team for our son, who was running the Sinister Seven race, then back to Edmonton, and then in August, up to Grand Cache as his support team for the Great Canadian Death Race, which he did complete. Then back to Edmonton, to prepare for a 10 week trip from Edmonton, to Lima Peru. For this trip, I purchased an 07 Versys since the Wing is not suitable for a trip like this, which turned out to be true in spades. We rode some great roads in the States (the Clearwater national forest, Pacific highway, and Avenue of Giants comes to mind), but these were not even close to what we encountered in Mexico, Central America, and South America. Never have I ridden such challenging roads, one of which scared the sh*t out of me.
See https://jeffraaphorst.wordpress.com/
if you are interested in trip details.

We shipped the bikes back by sea, and I flew back in November and due to changing circumstance, we are now in our new house in BC. Hoping this year will be just as busy and exciting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Post up your ride here, in MEMBERS RIDES, w/ pics...!

-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 09:06 AM

Edmonton to Lima? I think that qualifies as 'epic'.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nazium View Post
Edmonton to Lima? I think that qualifies as 'epic'.
-

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode