VeeVee she sure likes her whisky! (mpg) - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
VeeVee she sure likes her whisky! (mpg)

So Finally my veevee versys had a long trip. About 800km down to the south and up again.
It has about 2000km and I am squeezing it at times.

With two up and some top case + fuel tank luggage (58kg+85kg+16kg) on a straight line was very hard to go past 9000rpm.

But I found out it has a lower mileage than my honda VTI! ahahaha

between 7000rpm and 8000rpm/8500rpm (160-185 km/h, 99.4-114 miles on the dashboard)I get a very low mileage. Calculated about 9.5 lt/100km (25 mpg US) and at about 6000rpm (120-140 km/h, 74.5-87 miles on the dashboard) something around 5.8 lt/100km (40 mpg US)

Is this the overall acceptable mileage for two up and luggage at these rpm ranges ?
What would I expect with one up?

rgds

Last edited by ninogui; 07-19-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
If you riding two up fully loaded at 100 mile/hr would not expect very good fuel efficiency and I not going on yhe back with you at that speed fully loaded anyway lol. I get one up, 3 givi bins fully loaded about 20km/lt on average, me 82kg plus 25kg in luggage. cruising 110-130km/hr
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
If you riding two up fully loaded at 100 mile/hr would not expect very good fuel efficiency and I not going on yhe back with you at that speed fully loaded anyway lol. I get one up, 3 givi bins fully loaded about 20km/lt on average, me 82kg plus 25kg in luggage. cruising 110-130km/hr

alright, it is not really fully loaded, because no side cases and the pillow was not that heavy.

If I donīt push it now and then how am I to know the bikeīs limits? and riding here is no different than in Italy, Greece or France, you can call us all crazy so what if I wanted to drive freeways at 60 mph I would have bought a scooter, same way if I wanted to ride freeways at 200mph I would have bought a zzr 1400.. if I wanted to live with no highway rules I would live in germany (but then no sun!)

I am just trying to find out if the mileage I got with 2 up and top rpm/speed for the matter is whatīs to be expected... or not

Last edited by ninogui; 07-19-2010 at 11:39 AM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 02:49 PM

Nino, I'd say 40 mpg with two up is pretty good. Just finished a 2800 mile trip and saw about 45-50 mpg with Givi bags and top case and windshield. Extra gear and bags was about 60 pounds, me about 180 with all the gear on.
Running about 75mph would get me 45mpg. Running about 65 mph would get me about 50 mpg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninogui View Post
alright, it is not really fully loaded, because no side cases and the pillow was not that heavy.

If I donīt push it now and then how am I to know the bikeīs limits? and riding here is no different than in Italy, Greece or France, you can call us all crazy so what if I wanted to drive freeways at 60 mph I would have bought a scooter, same way if I wanted to ride freeways at 200mph I would have bought a zzr 1400.. if I wanted to live with no highway rules I would live in germany (but then no sun!)

I am just trying to find out if the mileage I got with 2 up and top rpm/speed for the matter is whatīs to be expected... or not

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Iīm not complaining lolol we all three (including veevee) loved the ride. Just trying to figure out mileage variances versus speed for future plans.

Iīm uploading media to youtube regarding the faro city moto meeting. Official counts for about 24.000 bike participants. But that will be another post altogether

rgds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode