Swapping Black Lower Panels For Silver ( your opinion please ) - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Swapping Black Lower Panels For Silver ( your opinion please )

Thinking about swapping the black lower panels for silver. Lets hear what you think. Which would look better on the bike below.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 07-31-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
on the green I like the black it matches the rest of the plastics, so on the blue I think it would look better with the silver plastics all around. if you want to swap I think blipco is looking to swap his silver for the blacks.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 09:54 PM

I've got black on my greeny, and I would agree-blue would look better with silver.

Fishing and riding,doesn't get any better!!

2009 Lime green Versys
Baldwin reg. saddle w/lime grn. thread and gel insert
Hepco & Becker crash bars
Givi side carriers w/ E21's
Fenda Extenda
Motowerk foot peg lowering blocks & mirror extenders
cut tail fender
black lower panels
Mikesshields Gran Touring, clear
Alaskan Leather Pillion 1 buttpad (trip use only)
Sw-Motech 20mm riser

Versys gone..replace with Victory Hammer

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:01 PM

I think the black looks better..helps keep it well balanced.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:15 PM

I've got a blue as well with the black lowers and was considering this swap as well. I was thinking though, I wonder if the silver is harder to keep looking good being so low? Any green owners have a say on how easy they are to keep clean?
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:37 PM

Neither one, you should have gotten a (faster) green bike!

Wahahahaha. Sorry, just kidding, Seriously, I think the silver looks better

Is that your bike?

V-Zee
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:42 PM

Mine stayed clean, i just swapped them out cause I thought black looked better with all the rest that was black
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0800.jpg (1.01 MB, 89 views)

Fishing and riding,doesn't get any better!!

2009 Lime green Versys
Baldwin reg. saddle w/lime grn. thread and gel insert
Hepco & Becker crash bars
Givi side carriers w/ E21's
Fenda Extenda
Motowerk foot peg lowering blocks & mirror extenders
cut tail fender
black lower panels
Mikesshields Gran Touring, clear
Alaskan Leather Pillion 1 buttpad (trip use only)
Sw-Motech 20mm riser

Versys gone..replace with Victory Hammer
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerstehenZee View Post
Neither one, you should have gotten a (faster) green bike!

Wahahahaha. Sorry, just kidding, Seriously, I think the silver looks better

Is that your bike?

V-Zee
Yes sir. Bought it jan.2010 wasn't able to ride much the first month because of all the snow we got this year. that picture was taken over a month ago the day i had the yoshi installed before i came to puerto rico till october. just ordered some crash bars for it and will have some more farkles waiting for me when i get home.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 10:56 PM

Do it! You can always paint them back black again. BTW, with your help I traded with Jrider, I don't think he has posted any pics and my bike is green. One thing he did mention though is that the silver ones are painted while the lowers come in black stock. So...maybe you could scrape/rub off the silver if you don't like it.

2009 GREEN Kawasaki Versys

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yes sir. Bought it jan.2010 wasn't able to ride much the first month because of all the snow we got this year. that picture was taken over a month ago the day i had the yoshi installed before i came to puerto rico till october. just ordered some crash bars for it and will have some more farkles waiting for me when i get home.
You have about the best looking Blue Versys I've seen. Nice work! I like the look of the carbon yosh. I put Motech crash bars on my green. Once I got used to avoiding stepping on the right bar instead of the brake (my big feet), all was good. Other than that I like them.

V-Zee
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerstehenZee View Post
You have about the best looking Blue Versys I've seen. Nice work! I like the look of the carbon yosh. I put Motech crash bars on my green. Once I got used to avoiding stepping on the right bar instead of the brake (my big feet), all was good. Other than that I like them.

V-Zee

Thank You Sir,

I really wanted the givi crash bars love the look but believe they would be lacking in protection. Also like the SW-Motech but went with the Hepco Beckers after seeing a few post of them after an accident. Have never had crash bars on a bike before but something keeps telling me to put some on. About 4 near drops at the work place parking lot due to loose asphalt

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 07-18-2010 at 11:29 PM.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbo75 View Post
I think the black looks better..helps keep it well balanced.
Yea i thinking the same thing. In theory i was thinking the silver would look better but saw a few photos of two bikes together that swapped and maybe its the photos but it seemed like to much silver on the blue after the swap and besides i showed my girlfriend the photos of the 2 and she thought the blue bike looked to girly with the silver lowers. theres a couple of green bikes in my area might swap them to see how they look on before making a final decision

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 11:57 PM

I have a green with Silver lowers. I will be willing to swap for black. Just send me a PM!
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 12:34 AM

I don't know, but how about blue lowers?

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_milstead View Post
I don't know, but how about blue lowers?
I can't remember where. But there is a post on here where the guy painted his lowers,fender extender and hugger blue looked real good came close to doing this but not quite sure if its not alittle too much.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 03:44 PM

I think this is what you are talking about: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=2527

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yea i thinking the same thing. In theory i was thinking the silver would look better but saw a few photos of two bikes together that swapped and maybe its the photos but it seemed like to much silver on the blue after the swap and besides i showed my girlfriend the photos of the 2 and she thought the blue bike looked to girly with the silver lowers. theres a couple of green bikes in my area might swap them to see how they look on before making a final decision
I also have a blue one. Before I bought it, I was looking at the blue and green next to each other in the dealer. Thought that the blue would look great with the green's silver lowers but then came to my senses.

Listen to your GF.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 04:04 AM

My blue came w/ silver lowers because the dealer swapped it with a green one. He thought both bikes looked better after the swap, and I'm glad he did it.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 11:46 AM

remy, if you have a green with black lowers, yours has already been swapped. you want to swap back?

my dealer also pre-swapped the green and blue lowers, so my green came with black. i think both bikes looks better with the other lower anyway. the black lower probably shows dust and spray more than silver, but i like the look.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drevil View Post
remy, if you have a green with black lowers, yours has already been swapped. you want to swap back?

my dealer also pre-swapped the green and blue lowers, so my green came with black. i think both bikes looks better with the other lower anyway. the black lower probably shows dust and spray more than silver, but i like the look.
Oop! Fixed.

I meant to type that I had silver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode