Todays Ride - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Location: western maine mountains (summer) so.arizona (winter)
Todays Ride

It was a rare cloudy day ride in So. Arizona, as it seems that the sun always shines here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-12-19_13-26-27_155.jpg (61.8 KB, 88 views)

Louis L'Amour — "Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015, 07:19 PM

Yes, it was cloudy here most of the day. The sun of the last hour points toward a great day tomorrow. Where is that road you are on Dirt Road Runner? I have been looking for a perfectly manicured gravel road like that to make my first non pavement outing. I do know where Red Rock is of course - only 25+ miles from here. I will try to get a pic tomorrow of Today's Ride tomorrow if that makes any sense.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

Location: western maine mountains (summer) so.arizona (winter)
Hi Cj, Avra valley exit off I-10 follow to the end and take the left before the mine entrance, the pic is kinda deceiving, the road gets worse as there's a lot of gullies with washes and the erosion has set in, it will take you out to Red Rock with a irrigation water crossing that looks worse then it is. You can also take a right about halfway that goes by Ragged Top mountain that will test your sand skills, I wouldn't recommend it as your first dirt road ride.

Louis L'Amour — "Adventure is just a romantic name for trouble."

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Chuck - when we get together for a visit, I can take you for a dirt ride that is NOT as challenging as THAT one (I've ridden it), and that you'll enjoy. Look up the "Florence-Kelvin Road" which I've written QUITE A FEW ride-reports on. I've taken several "dirt-newbies" on it....

-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 07:46 PM

Thanks DRR and Fast Eddie. The Florence-Kelvin highway sounds like a good training ground. Short ride today after lunch with the newly graduated stepson. The wife and I rode out to the Dove Mountain area (which is really a giant subdivision, not a mountain) which is a pretty ride with not much traffic. Stopped at a little park they have for a photo. Forgot my sunglasses, so excuse the squint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CJ&WF2.jpg (87.4 KB, 68 views)

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode