ok, enough farkles. what? whatīs that? oh noooo not again! (Givi s950 review) - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ok, enough farkles. what? whatīs that? oh noooo not again! (Givi s950 review)

I said to myself ok enough farkles, are you outfarkling you said to me. But...

How could I resist!

Hereīs the Givi brand new S950 GPS univ. mount.

Been looking into a few over the last month but was not totally convinced. I knew this was showing up anytime so I waited. Well it seems to me was worth the wait.

And why? well 4 main reasons.

- gps / mobile universal page or pane orientation

- swivel adjustment (camera tripod-like) in 2 axis

- opposite to center steering mount you can angle it so no sun glare, and you can choose where to place it in the bar

- last but not least instead of taking your eyes off the road (which will happen likewise in either center steering or fuel tank bag / extension) because it will be close to one of the mirrors you still have your peripheral view to not loose sight of the road

and of course it wont be hidden in the bar when you dive your head onto the fuel tank while scraping the footpegs in twisties! ahahah just jokin on that one

Anyway here it is

canīt afford the zumoīs or riderīs of this world. So I came up with this combination fit in for my 2th gen tomtom one. Served well for about 8 years. Believe it has reception on some spots under ceiling and walls, great antenna. Battery well juiced in gives me about 2 /2,5 hours on low backlight what else would I wish for under $100.

you will noticed the velcro glues in perfectly on the small pad, so even with zipper open it will not fall! hahaha

backtabs. Itīs a bit tricky in the beginning to understand the attachment. But in fact a small pressure simultaneously on the 4 corners and then pushing sideways gets it in and out with a click

backtabs in, close up

in fact you can either have it this way, closer to your sight...

or this way, a bit further out. Notice the charging cable entry crack (thats what it is!)

up and running

and of course donīt forget your raincoat! truly if it rains this hard Iīll be in laying in the sofa, not outside

back view. Itīs a weird fit (raincover is oval, not squared) but maybe that allows some sidespace for the cable (not the charger for sure). Notice the security velcro belt to avoid gps falling even if out of the tabs. Italian crazyness!

Letīs see tomorrow how it fits the bike but chances are it will fit perfectly.

So if you need one I can only recommend. Itīs a bargain for something around $70 to $90

rgds

nino
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 04:49 PM

I know this is an old thread but i just fid out there is an iphone version of this support: givi s951. Have anyone try this one? Any feeback before i buy it?

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 08:02 PM

Haven't tried it, but really like the looks of it. If you get it, please let us know how it works!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode