Mid-Ohio - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Mid-Ohio

On Saturday I paid my $20 (in advance) to visit the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio Raceway. I had no idea what it was all about, but it was a great experience.

They have over 10 acres of 'swap meet'. I saw 5 or more 75 vintage Kawasaki 900's for sale, more than 10 75 era Honda CB-750's for sale, Lots of Triumphs, Norton's BSA's. I saw the 2-wheel Cushman motorbike. You name it we saw it. If you love motorcycles, this is the place to go.

We watched a few of the races, but the best part was all the bikes that people rode or brought to the event. Harleys were in the minority.

Check it out for next year. I highly recommend it!
http://www.vintagemotorcycledays.com/

Oh yeah, and I saw ONE other Versys there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 04:27 PM

I was there Friday and Saturday. Insane, isn't it ? I didn't take the Versys, but I got to see the new '10 in black at the demo ride. The swap meet was killer. I am still sore from walking all of it... in the rain. hehe.

2009 Versys
2000 Vulcan Drifter 800
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 09:35 PM

I rode there Saturday on the Versys (I live really close to the track) and before I even had my helmet off after parking the bike, a Triumph Tiger rider was asking me a bunch of questions about it. He was signed up for a demo ride on a 2010. I regret I didn't catch his name.

If you happen to be the guy who was talking to someone with a blue 2009, let us know what you thought of your demo ride.

I've been going to VMD for years, and I agree with the OP that the best part of the show is just looking at all the bikes people ride to the event or the 30-year-old tiddlers or trials bikes or whatever that they trailer in to ride around the grounds. It's the most eclectic event I've been to, and I've been to many. You never know what you'll see.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Three of us from Cincinnati rode up first thing Saturday morning. (Versys, Triumph Tiger & Kaw ZXR 1200)
Arriving at the demo trailers at 9:30 was TOO LATE. The Kawasaki rides were full for the day: Concours, Versys, Z1000 (The one I wanted to ride)

I spotted a Red Versys between the AMA tent and the Bike Show Lot.

We walked the swap meet - that was entertaining. The place is a ZOO! People. scooters, dirtbikes, minibikes, all going in all directions for the entire day!

I will do it again next year. Its worth the admission just to watch the attendees and their bikes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode