motowerk lowering front peg big improvement! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
motowerk lowering front peg big improvement!

Hi guys

Just to tell you that the single most effective cost-to-function add ons to veevee were the seat foam mod and the lowering front pegs.
Canīt believe the ride improvement! amazing how a few cms made such a difference! now my leg instead of being higher than the waiste is on a lower level. Leg does not get tired and as a side bonus I feel so much more confidence entering turns (took out the footpeg ground feelers)

Does anyone ever got to the point in turns and twists to ground scrap the footpegs with the lowering kit mounted on ?

rgds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 07:34 PM

Seat foam mod...can you elaborate please?

one of the future bikes: 2020 Ducati MS
Current Bike: None
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Past bikes:
Kawasaki Versys 2010
Honda Shadow 750
Yamaha Virago 1100
Honda CG 125
Honda CD 70
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 07:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninogui View Post
Hi guys

Just to tell you that the single most effective cost-to-function add ons to veevee were the seat foam mod and the lowering front pegs.
Canīt believe the ride improvement! amazing how a few cms made such a difference! now my leg instead of being higher than the waiste is on a lower level. Leg does not get tired and as a side bonus I feel so much more confidence entering turns (took out the footpeg ground feelers)

Does anyone ever got to the point in turns and twists to ground scrap the footpegs with the lowering kit mounted on ?

rgds
Yea, I have dragged the peg feelers through turns.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawiz2012 View Post
Seat foam mod...can you elaborate please?
Sure

For the time being spending money on a new seat is out of the question.

So I found in the city a guy that is experienced in modding motorcycle seats (no gel). So he inserted a square bit of harder foam in the nut area replacing similar bit of the original foam, sculped it a bit and also took a slice of about 1cm from the mid to back area.
Now my nuts donīt hurt anymore, I seat confortably enough and can use the back area if needed (before I could not, as I kept leaning forward)

It took half a morning and 30 euros, so as it stands saved a lot of money
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
Yea, I have dragged the peg feelers through turns.
oh! really? and if you had no feelers, would you get to the point of scraping the footpegs? also.. is it dangerous to take out the feelers?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 08:54 PM

I removed the feeler or spikes after my dad crashed my bike.
It dig in to the road and ripped off the peg off.

I still ride with the feelers off but them pegs will still kiss the road, sometimes....

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride safe,

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 09:20 PM

I have the lowering blocks and no feelers. I occasionally scrape the pegs but does not seem to be a big deal.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
oh! really? and if you had no feelers, would you get to the point of scraping the footpegs? also.. is it dangerous to take out the feelers?

The peg feelers are there to give riders an advanced warning that you are about to run out of clearance. It's usually a big problem on bikes that have a center stand, which is usually the next thing that hits the ground and will lever your rear wheel off the ground if you keep pushing.

The thing is that other than the pegs, there is little on the Versys that would hit the ground early. If your suspension is properly setup it's a long ways until anything hard hits the ground. I've had the bike at track days and other than the peg (stock height, without feelers) nothing hits the ground. I have lowering blocks and the clearance is smaller, I never reinstalled the feelers. You will hit the pegs sooner on tight turns, but even with the stock shock, there is still a long way to go.

Gustavo

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
The peg feelers are there to give riders an advanced warning that you are about to run out of clearance.
Gustavo
+1
For safety reasons better to have the feeler pegs on.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi guys

rgds
YUP. Took an advanced riding course and dragged the left peg during it (startled me pretty good, too), and 6 or 7 times since. Haven't dragged a knee though.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 11:59 AM

Scraping a peg where I live is not a very safe thing. The amount of loose gravel on our paved roads makes for not safe turns.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 04:11 PM

The lowering kit is awesome. I usually had to stretch my legs after an hour or so, now don't need to do it for at least 2.5 to 3 hours. Nice quality piece that installed well and had complete install instructions on their website. Fairly priced and made in the USA. A must have for taller riders.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Hi guys

rgds
Just installed the Moto Werk 1.3mm lower peg blocks & added 1" memory foam between the seat pan and stock foam (doubling up the very front foam so I don't slide forward). Great improvement for 6 footers.

Installed the SW-Motech Crash bars today (very nice fit). I ordered the SW Motech Alu Rack . . . but it will not fit with the OEM side case rack (which incorporates the rear handles).

Anyone need a very nice rear rack (-$20 discount)? http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/3906/652/

I'm all set now:

Motorcycle Maniac

2009 Versys, 2009 DL650, 2013 CB500X ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode