best heated grips - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By scutrbrau

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Arrow best heated grips

so... lots to choose from. some as cheap as a couple bucks on fleabay. who's using what, and are you impressed

if I'm answering your question I assume the basic points have been addressed, such as: did you do a compression test? is it still on fire?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 10:48 PM

Garage
I'm using the Oxford Premium heated grips with a v8 controller and they are AWESOME.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 11:27 PM

Garage
http://www.amegrips.com/motorcyclest...d-chicane-grip
Great grips without the big ugly controller on your handlebars and 6 individual heat settings. Not cheap but worth it

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 12:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
Sport Bike Heated Chicane Grip
Great grips without the big ugly controller on your handlebars and 6 individual heat settings. Not cheap but worth it

Had those on the Versys and now on the FJR....Love Them... ...Found the best price on Amazon

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 11:26 AM

I went the cheap route with the BikeMasters. Got them on amazon. Installation wasn't exactly easy, they're insanely tight, and DO NOT USE SUPERGLUE. They get hot as hell though and work fine through grip puppies.

Amazon link.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 12:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Had those on the Versys and now on the FJR....Love Them... ...Found the best price on Amazon
I concur +1 for the A'ME grips. I've had them on my Versys since month one. Now 10K miles later with no problems. For sure like not having a bulky controller on the bars, and they REALLY put out the heat. I rarely go higher than #3 with them.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015, 02:59 PM

I have Oxford Heaterz and love them. It hasn't been cold enough yet for me to use them on anything but the lowest setting. I can't imagine using them at 100% power. Easy to install, too.
onewizard likes this.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015, 06:43 PM

I have Oxford Heaterz on both the Versys and KLR, work well and are easy to install.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-22-2015, 07:28 PM

I also went with the Oxford Heaterz Premium Adventure grips. They're super warm through my grip puppies and I rarely need them over 50% power unless it's sub 15f.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
I also went with the Oxford Heaterz Premium Adventure grips. They're super warm through my grip puppies and I rarely need them over 50% power unless it's sub 15f.
It's good to hear that they're working well with Grip Puppies on. I removed mine and assumed that I wouldn't be able to use them again.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scutrbrau View Post
It's good to hear that they're working well with Grip Puppies on. I removed mine and assumed that I wouldn't be able to use them again.
It probably takes longer for them to get warm than without the GPs, but they get good and hot...

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 07:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
It probably takes longer for them to get warm than without the GPs, but they get good and hot...
This is my experience as well.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 02:28 AM

Garage
If you include the cost these are the best heated grips. $17 US/$23 CDN including shipping from China and included heat controller. Two heat settings, 50C/120F and 75C/170F

Motorcycle Handlebar Heated Hand Grips Adjustable Temperature-17.62 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Last edited by twowheels; 11-24-2015 at 02:33 AM.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezerboy View Post
so... lots to choose from. some as cheap as a couple bucks on fleabay. who's using what, and are you impressed
I've got the super cheap ones from fleabay. They work great and are super warm. So, they have my vote!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 06:38 AM

I've got these R&G Heated Grips For 7/8-inch Diameter Handlebars - TwistedThrottle.com

work great, but I find myself wanting heat on the tops of my fingers so planning to get heated gloves or glove liners.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 12:31 PM

Oxford Heaterz here on my KLR...Had them for about 1.5 years, work great on 50 to 75%...it was 32°f this morning. I have the OEM brush guards to block wind and I wear a winter MC glove. Without guard? Not sure if grip alone would do it.
These: Oxford Heaterz Premium Adventure Heated Grips - RevZilla

On my Versys, I have the Oxford Rainseal Muffs
These: Oxford Handlebar Muffs for Motorcycles - TwistedThrottle.com
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 01:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorgb View Post
Oxford Heaterz here on my KLR...Had them for about 1.5 years, work great on 50 to 75%...it was 32°f this morning. I have the OEM brush guards to block wind and I wear a winter MC glove. Without guard? Not sure if grip alone would do it.
These: Oxford Heaterz Premium Adventure Heated Grips - RevZilla

On my Versys, I have the Oxford Rainseal Muffs
These: Oxford Handlebar Muffs for Motorcycles - TwistedThrottle.com

I really like the mitts,muffs whatever you call them. Got mine at amazon listed under ATV Mitts for about $25.00 shipped. With these and heated grips its like having you hands in a nice warm oven...Had them on the Versys. Now use them on the FJR

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
the originals were called Hippo Hands.

if I'm answering your question I assume the basic points have been addressed, such as: did you do a compression test? is it still on fire?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode