Best Insurance Co. with Not-At-Fault accidents - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By 1stversys
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By kawdog
  • 1 Post By Arion
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
kawdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,596
Best Insurance Co. with Not-At-Fault accidents

Is there such a motorcycle insurance company out there that does not zing riders with 40%+ for not-at-fault accidents? Sheesh, it's not like we can keep girls from getting their licenses until they are 25 y.o. Just kidding of course, but multitasking and yakking while driving are hazardous to motorcycle riders' safety!

Any good insurance company leads would be greatly appreciated.
kawdog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 01:34 PM
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,468
Garage
When i got hit in 2011 I had Dairyland Insurance. I didn't get tagged for anything. Out here in Cali Dairyland is under another name i just can't remember at the moment...
kawdog likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,468
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
When i got hit in 2011 I had Dairyland Insurance. I didn't get tagged for anything. Out here in Cali Dairyland is under another name i just can't remember at the moment...
I believe its Sentry Ins in Cali...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 02:22 PM
Member
 
1stversys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Southern IL
Posts: 377
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
When i got hit in 2011 I had Dairyland Insurance. I didn't get tagged for anything. Out here in Cali Dairyland is under another name i just can't remember at the moment...
I have Dairlyland over here in Illinois and haven't had any issues with them. They had the lowest rate at least. Haven't had anymore dealings with them besides that and I hope I never have to.
kawdog likes this.

14 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS (kawi green)
1stversys is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
 
fasteddiecopeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC - summer; Florence, AZ - winter
Posts: 17,140
Dairyland too. No accidents, no issues....
kawdog likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fasteddiecopeman is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
kawdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,596
I guess Dairyland is the best, but I forgot as a Veteran, I've got USAA and they are the only 100% rated insurance company of them all. When I had my 1993 Honda Nighthawk 750, it was too old for USAA I guess; so I forgot about USAA when I got my new Versys 650. Doah!

Dairlyland is the best for most people, but all Vets' with a motorcycle less than 20 years old (or maybe 15 y.o.?) should check USAA out. They are the best and cheapest in any of the wide range of financial/insurance products they carry. WHEW!!!

No interest on monthly payments, no bs premiums, and slow talking Southern San Antonio, TX sweeties to help you out
weljo2001 likes this.

Last edited by kawdog; 11-16-2015 at 06:28 PM.
kawdog is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 07:37 PM
Member
 
Stud Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mantua, New Jersey
Posts: 873
I have Rider insurance in NJ I guess the rates are ok. $179.00 year for the V and $320.00 for the R1200RT. However I just got a notice from them that they will no longer cover any track time. I don't race the bikes but I do like to do the parade laps between races just to check out the track. I may have to change mine if I want to take any laps this spring...
Stud Muffin is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 08:19 PM
Member
 
Arion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX & Moosehead Lake, ME
Posts: 3,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
I guess Dairyland is the best, but I forgot as a Veteran, I've got USAA and they are the only 100% rated insurance company of them all. When I had my 1993 Honda Nighthawk 750, it was too old for USAA I guess; so I forgot about USAA when I got my new Versys 650. Doah!

Dairlyland is the best for most people, but all Vets' with a motorcycle less than 20 years old (or maybe 15 y.o.?) should check USAA out. They are the best and cheapest in any of the wide range of financial/insurance products they carry. WHEW!!!

No interest on monthly payments, no bs premiums, and slow talking Southern San Antonio, TX sweeties to help you out
Good point regarding USAA. At present USAA insures motorcycles through its partner, Progressive. The trick is to either call or go to Progressive4USAAmembers.com (as I recall). I'm watching the San Antonio Spurs take care of the Portland Trailblazers (basketball for you furriners) and am too comfortable to get up to check the URL in my little black book. For that matter I'm not sure I can even find the book.

However, as an example, my 2008 Versys costs around $225 per year for their recommended coverage (which is way above minimum required coverage) while by '93 BMW K75S costs $85 per year.

USAA may not be the least expensive but they don't raise rates as a matter of course and their service is without equal IMHO. But then, I've been with USAA for 48 years, and they like me!
kawdog likes this.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Arion is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
kawdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Good point regarding USAA. At present USAA insures motorcycles through its partner, Progressive. The trick is to either call or go to Progressive4USAAmembers.com (as I recall). I'm watching the San Antonio Spurs take care of the Portland Trailblazers (basketball for you furriners) and am too comfortable to get up to check the URL in my little black book. For that matter I'm not sure I can even find the book.

However, as an example, my 2008 Versys costs around $225 per year for their recommended coverage (which is way above minimum required coverage) while by '93 BMW K75S costs $85 per year.

USAA may not be the least expensive but they don't raise rates as a matter of course and their service is without equal IMHO. But then, I've been with USAA for 48 years, and they like me!
Yeah, USAA is about one of the best benefits of the Armed Services. USAA insurance is a lock though. I need to check my policy out when I get it to in the mail to add or subtract policy features. It just takes so long on the phone. USAA will tie you up for all of their other reasonable services. "Send my the information in the mail!" They still will connect you no matter what you say. But like you say, not raising rates is 100% difference with the insurance con-men out there!

Last edited by kawdog; 11-18-2015 at 08:36 PM.
kawdog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome