Big problem installing motowerk lowering footpeg kit - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Big problem installing motowerk lowering footpeg kit

(edited) will try another mounting option, maybe I´m doing something wrong, sorry for the silly post

Last edited by ninogui; 07-08-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 07:31 PM

Nothing's silly. Give us some pics. for us to help you out.

Cheers.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Just follow instruction form Speedy and should not be a problem.

Post picture of your problem.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 08:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Just follow instruction form Speedy and should not be a problem.

Post picture of your problem.
There are no directions included. If you want I can get a pic of my setup.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 09:26 PM

ninogui,

I had problems with the installation of the peg lowering kit when I first tried it too. The mounting procedure is not very intuitive and instructions are needed. I found that if I went back to Speedy's website http://motowerk.com/lowerfootpegsblocks.asp and under product details for the lowering blocks, there is a link for installation instructions. Click on this hotlink. This is a pdf and if you print the pdf and follow it, the installation's very easy.

Best of luck. They work surprisingly well.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
There are no directions included. If you want I can get a pic of my setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by packmann View Post
ninogui,

I had problems with the installation of the peg lowering kit when I first tried it too. The mounting procedure is not very intuitive and instructions are needed. I found that if I went back to Speedy's website http://motowerk.com/lowerfootpegsblocks.asp and under product details for the lowering blocks, there is a link for installation instructions. Click on this hotlink. This is a pdf and if you print the pdf and follow it, the installation's very easy.

Best of luck. They work surprisingly well.
Follow what packmann has posted. You can get the instruction form website and should not have problem installing. Its easy and will take less than 30mints to get it done.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Follow what packmann has posted. You can get the instruction form website and should not have problem installing. Its easy and will take less than 30mints to get it done.
Did not know they were on the site. I just winged it when I found out it came with no instructions.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
Did not know they were on the site. I just winged it when I found out it came with no instructions.
You are not the first, and i am not the last, its a learning process and thanks for been frank.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Thks guys

This is one of the greatest feedback forums I ever been part of.

Even if I did edit the original msg cause I was a bit ashamed of the original text I wrote (complaining on the fitting), and in fact basically edited / wrote nothing, u people feedbacked.

So you deserve the truth! ahaha

What happened is that the installation of an alarm module as well as the 1000km service took pretty much all day long. So when he got to the lowering pegs both the mech guy and me where considerable tired (the head!).

So he showed me the piece and said "well this doesnt fit!" and grimmly laugh, the very particular way vehicle mechanics do when something someone else invented does not work lolol

In fact he was trying to fit the lowering block peg into the footpeg and not behind it (which is the right way) which of course is not the correct way. So I came home completely astonished over this.

Then from looking into speedy´s website incidentally I looked over the ER6 install instructions. From looking at picture 2 everything was clear! confess not as clear on the versys pics.
Maybe inserting the ER6 pic 2 into the versys instructions will help further with other people..

Anyway to cut a long story short.. I will have the wrench ready today to swing in a certain mechanic´s head hehehehhehe

thks for all the wish to help guys!

will be fitted today or during the weekend!

Also would be a great idea if Speedy could come up with a 2010 versys windshield bracket system? nobody else has invented it yet, right.. anyone second this?

be well
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

You are most
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 11:29 AM

Thanks guys for assisting ninogui!
He contacted us yesterday and after looking at the photos he emailed us, it became obvious that his mechanic was trying to install the lowering foot peg block upside down without looking at the installation instructions.

By the way, all of the installation instructions can be accessed from the detail product pages or from the instructions link at the top of any page:
http://motowerk.com/instructions.aspx
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzalez View Post
Thanks guys for assisting ninogui!
He contacted us yesterday and after looking at the photos he emailed us, it became obvious that his mechanic was trying to install the lowering foot peg block upside down without looking at the installation instructions.

By the way, all of the installation instructions can be accessed from the detail product pages or from the instructions link at the top of any page:
http://motowerk.com/instructions.aspx
Hi speedy.

Never had the change to Thank you for the good work done, so here it is personally from me: THANK YOU.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 11:50 AM
DBL

If you need a taller windshield for the 2010 Versys check out California Scientific. They make one especially for the '10 and includes brackets.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Versysprod.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninogui View Post
could come up with a 2010 versys windshield bracket system?
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL View Post
If you need a taller windshield for the 2010 Versys check out California Scientific. They make one especially for the '10 and includes brackets.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Versysprod.html
Hi David

Being for 2010 with additional brackets means that you keep the 3 position angle choice ?

my givi is 21 cm higher than stock (and mounted in the higher position), my guess is I need some extra height, 7 or 8cm to clear the helmet. maybe the cal xl 28cm could fit the bill?

only prob I see is these bikes are not really made up for tall screens. starts to look like granny´s bike lololol
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninogui View Post
only prob I see is these bikes are not really made up for tall screens. starts to look like granny´s bike lololol
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 09:06 AM

Ninogui,
The CalSci 2010 V windscreens come in 3 or 4 different sizes, all on the same brackets that fit the 2010 stock holes. Suggest you call Mark at CalSci (he helped me a lot and was very friendly) and get a recommended height. If you have handguards, be prepared to grind out some of the windscreen to clear the handguards. I used a Dremel grinder. No problems.

I have several hundred miles on the CalSci windscreen now. Works great.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 09:37 PM

Glad to see you got it done. I was surprised to read so many people had issues, but after you posted about trying to fit the peg inside the block it makes sense. If you look at the pics it becomes obvious and it's an easy 10 minute job.

Gustavo

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
Glad to see you got it done. I was surprised to read so many people had issues, but after you posted about trying to fit the peg inside the block it makes sense. If you look at the pics it becomes obvious and it's an easy 10 minute job.

Gustavo
correct! though much easier on the left side than on the right side (the footbrake)

Again, if you look at the ER6 instructions, it really becomes much easier (pic 2)

Speedy just insert that ER6 pic into the versys instructions, I´m sure will help future people!

Last edited by ninogui; 07-11-2010 at 04:23 AM.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 04:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyNeal View Post
Ninogui,
The CalSci 2010 V windscreens come in 3 or 4 different sizes, all on the same brackets that fit the 2010 stock holes. Suggest you call Mark at CalSci (he helped me a lot and was very friendly) and get a recommended height. If you have handguards, be prepared to grind out some of the windscreen to clear the handguards. I used a Dremel grinder. No problems.

I have several hundred miles on the CalSci windscreen now. Works great.
I wish they had a tainted (dark) windscreen. Transparent just looks so bad in black bike, again starting to look like granpa´s ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode