Guess I'll sell it. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mursili

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Guess I'll sell it.

Bought my 2012 new three years ago. Have put about 7000 miles on it, and certainly enjoyed it. As capable as it is, I have the itch for a change up. Haven't decided on its replacement yet but, until I sell it, I won't get serious about looking. Have compiled an extensive list but, really haven't narrowed it down to anything specific. Probably go back to something bigger in the power department. Looking back, I am about right on course in changing rides every few years. Only bike that has stayed in the stable longer is my 2007 VTX1800, and though I have seriously considered selling it in the past, I just can't seem to let go of that one.

2012 Versys
2007 Honda VTX 1800C
Sold everything else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 08:53 PM

Garage
Sorry to hear that you are leaving the Versys family. I am certainly not one of the people who seems to run through bikes all the time. That does seem to be one part of the motorcycling culture.

I will stick to my Versys until I cannot service it or I deem that it is not safe. I have no idea when that will be. I will likely add a Vulcan in the next year or two so that I can get my spouse and daughter riding as well.
Mr.holtz and kohburn like this.

When it comes to havoc, no one wreaks like me! - Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

I will never be good and that's not bad. - Ban-Anon
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 12:50 AM

Since you have a big cruiser, I expect you want the Versys replacement to be something relatively light and agile like the Versys? What's on your list? Have you gotten to demo any of them?

For what it's worth earlier in the year I replaced my 2011 Versys with 57k miles on it with a BMW R1200R. Why am i still here you ask? Well I haven't sold the Versys yet. The idea was to replace the Versys anyway. And I finally offered it for sale. I'll see how that goes.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 10:31 AM

Fz-07, fz-09?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 11:45 AM

I'm eventually going to have to get something to keep the V company. Thinking about just increasing size slightly to a a Duco Scrambler or a BMW f 800, both priced about the same as the V 1000 new.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Most recent browsing has been the FZ1 and Ninja 1000 (have riding buddies with both) but, my eye wanders continuously. A couple,of weeks ago, it was the new Vstrom 1000, the Super Tenere has never fallen off the list, and a ZX-14 could certainly scratch the itch (couple of friends with those and Busas too). If the Powerball ticket purchase finally pays off, I might splurge on two bikes.

2012 Versys
2007 Honda VTX 1800C
Sold everything else
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 12:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Most recent browsing has been the FZ1 and Ninja 1000 (have riding buddies with both) but, my eye wanders continuously. A couple,of weeks ago, it was the new Vstrom 1000, the Super Tenere has never fallen off the list, and a ZX-14 could certainly scratch the itch (couple of friends with those and Busas too). If the Powerball ticket purchase finally pays off, I might splurge on two bikes.

If you want something with Busa power but better looking. Here ya go....Suzuki B-King Motorcycles in Fort Worth - New and Used Motorcycles on CycleTrader.com

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

in your NEW direction!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

The B-King never really grew on me. I can certainly appreciate it for what it is but, if I don't look back at a bike a couple of times as I am closing the garage, the relationship just isn't going to work out.

2012 Versys
2007 Honda VTX 1800C
Sold everything else
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 10:18 AM

I thought the same when it came time for a new mount after learning on my first bike; the ER-6N. Test rode a bunch of bigger/faster stuff but settled on the V650 LT due to typical midrange benefits. Weight, practical torque/powerband, fuel economy, etc. You'll miss her when she's gone (lol) ....but here's a new option you'll have soon ;-)

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ho...zine-adv-bikes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streethawk View Post
....but here's a new option you'll have soon ;-)

FIRST LOOK: 2016 Honda VFR1200X | MOTORCYCLIST
Saw those. Like the engine, the shaft drive, the looks, except it needs to have cast wheels. Let's be honest, that bike is not going off road. The spoked wheels (even tubeless) are fluff. Plus, I predict an MSRP at least approaching $15k, if not higher.

2012 Versys
2007 Honda VTX 1800C
Sold everything else
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Quote:
....but here's a new option you'll have soon ;-)

FIRST LOOK: 2016 Honda VFR1200X | MOTORCYCLIST
Saw those. Like the engine, the shaft drive, the looks, except it needs to have cast wheels. Let's be honest, that bike is not going off road. The spoked wheels (even tubeless) are fluff. Plus, I predict an MSRP at least approaching $15k, if not higher.
Agreed. I suppose it's good to have the option in the mix though. I do however, wish they'd brought the Crossrunner to the states instead. That would definitely cause my eye to wander a bit...

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/10/02...review-photos/
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 03:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Agreed. I suppose it's good to have the option in the mix though. I do however, wish they'd brought the Crossrunner to the states instead. That would definitely cause my eye to wander a bit...

2015 Honda VFR800X Crossrunner Adventure Bike- First Look Review- Photos: INTERMOT 2014: Do Americans need this ADV-style V-4 Honda?
Wow you don't get the cross dresser in the states, couple of my mates have them and love them.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 08:15 PM

Wow you don't get the cross dresser in the states, couple of my mates have them and love them.[/QUOTE]

Nope. No Crossrunner in the U.S. Guess it'd make too much sense? Lol! Imho, that bike is potentially a Versys 650, Versys 1000 AND FJ-09 "killer". Glad you all have the option ;-) I'll ride one vicariously through you all :-D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode