Element's Red For Sale - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Element's Red For Sale

Sadly, getting out of the sport, at least for now. Here is my link to CL, if you know anyone that is looking. About a 100 miles on the rear Roadsmart, front is half worn, also Roadsmart. Accessories, you probably know already if you have been on the forum for a year or more. The price is for the stock motorcycle, except for the gearing. Thanks for everything, and by everything, I mean you.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Element; 07-04-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
Sadly, getting out of the sport
[/url]
As a result of a pushbike race crash?, granted with a punctured lung - but that wasnt your fault and completely unrelated to a M/bike?

I would stand back and see this as a overreaction. With respect, IMO your simply giving in to fear in general, understanably a bit rattled, but few rides will be distant memory.

What else you going to do (give up that you enjoyed) thats without risk? Stick it in the garage and clean it for a month then see? ....

get well soon
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 10:03 AM

Please Element, just wait.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 133bhp View Post
As a result of a pushbike race crash?, granted with a punctured lung - but that wasnt your fault and completely unrelated to a M/bike?

I would stand back and see this as a overreaction. With respect, IMO your simply giving in to fear in general, understanably a bit rattled, but few rides will be distant memory.

What else you going to do (give up that you enjoyed) thats without risk? Stick it in the garage and clean it for a month then see? ....

get well soon
Exactly, the fear is that I will let someone else cut my life short. I will miss riding everyday for the rest of my life, the point is, I want to watch my children and their children along their life path. Selfish, yes; afraid, who me??

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
Exactly, the fear is that I will let someone else cut my life short. I will miss riding everyday for the rest of my life, the point is, I want to watch my children and their children along their life path. Selfish, yes; afraid, who me??
well said, but do remember that nothing in you life happens without your permission. All events happens for a reason and its up to you to find out what the message to you is about.

Wish you well and hope you will be in the forum.

Get well and
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 12:54 PM

Had a buddy go down hard a couple years back, saw it in my rear view mirror. Shook me up pretty good, sold my bike shortly after. Over time the urge to ride grew stronger and that memory faded, and ended up on the Versys. Best wishes to you...

Still tryin' to recapture the magic of being 10 years old on a Honda Mini Trail 50...
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 01:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to E-nigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
well said, but do remember that nothing in you life happens without your permission. All events happens for a reason and its up to you to find out what the message to you is about.

Wish you well and hope you will be in the forum.

Get well and
How poetic. However, I couldn't disagree more.

It sounds like the OP is concerned about the things that could happen without his permission, such as the actions of other drivers that could affect him and his life. He has a valid point.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 03:49 PM

This all boils down to an individual choice about what defines "quality of life".

OP has defined as part of his quality of life growing old to watch his children and grandchildren. His decision to make and we all need to respect him for that.

Good luck and be well!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 12:20 AM

My brother broke both his legs and couldnt walk for 6 months in 2007 as a result of a car running him off the road. He swore he was done. Now in 2010, he is itching hard to ride and is contemplating getting a track bike. It may be gone now but it will be back!

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman325 View Post
My brother broke both his legs and couldnt walk for 6 months in 2007 as a result of a car running him off the road. He swore he was done. Now in 2010, he is itching hard to ride and is contemplating getting a track bike. It may be gone now but it will be back!
Another good point. Consider my history:
15-18 Dirt rider
18 Hospitalized for Motorcycle/car crash
18-20+ Street
22-52 NO MOTORCYCLE

30 years of motorcycle abstinence. I'll be 84 yrs old when I cave in; maybe I'll get a flying one then!

My Album:
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

@bigaussie
Thanks for the heads up on my Craigslist posting. Hopefully, this one works:
http://springfield.craigslist.org/mcy/1823646145.html

My Album:
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 09:01 AM

good luck in any decision you make. But please remember what ever activity you decide to give up no one is guaranteed a tomorrow or a safe existence
http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=40383

Last edited by turn8a; 07-03-2010 at 09:05 AM.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 09:43 AM

Going to miss you around here, but I can't blame you for the decision...Seems the older I get the more these thoughts creep in, then I go for a ride and its all good...Wish you all the good stuf down the road...

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 11:52 AM

Shouldn't this be under the "For Sale" thread?
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Well.... He has a for sale thread too....

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 08:27 AM

Cb here, sorry we never had a chance to ride together. Be good....be safe Cb
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 09:11 AM

I'll leave you to think on these wise words from an extraordinary person:

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold. Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”

Helen Keller
The Open Door (1957)

You cannot escape death. You can sit in a rocking chair and die of a heart attack. When it's your time to go, it's your time to go.

I've skidded down the pavement a few times. Once badly enough to centerpunch a tree head first landing me in the hospital for five days with a head injury and a broken arm. I've been in the bed of a pickup truck that flipped completely over, barely missing my head. I've fallen out of a tree and received a nasty concussion. Car crashes...oh yea...many. One took me off a 15 foot embankment where the car flipped three times and the roof crushed flat...I walked away. Broke my arm in a bicycle crash once too (first broken bone...ah the memories).

My point is...everyone dies, but not everyone lives. I have a wife and child, and if I didn't ride, I wouldn't be who I am. It brings me happiness. It keeps me sane.

It's sort of like gun control. It's pointless. If you ban guns, what's next? Knives? Baseball bats? Fatty foods? All of them can kill you.

Be careful in the shower, they can be slippery....many people die each year from slipping in the shower. Food poisoning is a bitch too...better stop eating. I hear starvation is bad too.

See where I'm going here? Just live your life the way you want to live it and let the chips fall where they may. If you love riding...then ride. Do what you can to mitigate the risks. Wear proper gear and ride safely.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 11:31 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to buffamazon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackrider54 View Post
I'll leave you to think on these wise words from an extraordinary person:

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold. Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.

Helen Keller
The Open Door (1957)
LOVE that quote. Amazing words from a woman who took risks and wound up changing the world.

Wherever your journey takes you, do what makes you happy. And here's hoping you heal fast and as good as new.

09 Versys In Go-Fast Green
Acerbis Pro Pack Handguards
Ogio Tailbag
Ogio Saddlebags
Vortex 44T Sprocket
Wolo Bad Boy Air horn
Trackside 12 volt power adaptor
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 11:43 AM

The man has made his decision for his reasons...isn't that enough?
We all have our own opinions and that is fine and just. Why force them on others?
Kind of like your race, religion, color or orientation is the only right one...it is...for you.

Now I'm off the soap box.

Happy Independence Day

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 12:04 PM

Garage
Hate to see you leave, but we must all make our own decisions in life. Just wish we had a chance to ride together.

"We will put no impediment in your way and we will be at dockside bidding you a farewell as you set off into the sunset."
- Charles M. Lichenstein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode