What do you think about this? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What do you think about this?

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/Edm...724/story.html

The link is to a story that has been in the news here in Edmonton lately. It is related to a bylaw aimed at reducing excessive noise from motorcycles. I don't have to worry with the Versys, but some people here are beyond PISSED off about it, while others are extremely happy that they won't have to listen to wanna-be badasses on Harley's revving their straight pipes as loud as they can, as often as they can.

Some see it as a reason to pull over bikers to check them for drugs, weapons, DUI, etc.

My biggest problem with the bylaw is that they make no mention of big trucks and horribly zippy cars. We are in Alberta and we have got to have closest to the highest ownership of big pickup trucks per capita in the world (how else do you compensate for a small penis? ) , but if the City of Edmonton ever tried to put in a bylaw aimed at big trucks.... down goes their votes.

Any thoughts on this? I haven't really made a decision about how I feel.

"I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
It would have been better (or at least, LESS controversial) if they'd just addressed EXCESSIVE noise as the proposed Calgary bylaw will.

I HATE those *sshats on cruisers with open pipes, revving the p*ss out of 'em, but I ALSO hate having my house shake 'cause some idiot is driving by with his sub-woofers rumbling at level 11 (... see "Spinal Tap"...!).

I wear 2 hearing aids (about $6,000 for the pair) due hearing loss caused while flying Hercules transports. I can JUST imagine all these young guys when the results of overloading their ears comes home to roost!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 05:48 PM

I hate to see more government control than is needed, BUT I'm tired of the noise myself. Bikes, cars, car stereos, diesels, barking dogs.........it all needs to disappear. If people weren't so ignorant and would stop trying to express their "rights and freedoms" so much, and maybe use a little common sense and courtesy instead, we wouldn't need the government to tell us to do it.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwiley View Post
I hate to see more government control.... BUT I'm tired of the noise myself.
+1.

I hate loud pipes. Dont care what vehicle they are attached to.

Last edited by Capn Kirk; 07-01-2010 at 06:31 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 06:46 PM

Earplugs! I use earplugs and it's GREAT!

V-Zee
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 07:01 PM

I hate loud bikes/cars/stereos. It's really annoying to everybody (often including the passengers in that vehicle) for no real benefit other than the "look at me" effect the attention-challenged idiot riding/driving needs,

Having said that, it's discriminatory, period. If the ordinance said that nay vehicle that was loud (FSVO loud defined in the ordinance) could be pulled over, then I'd have a more favorable view. I'd vote the people who enacted it out of office.

Gustavo

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 07:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I wear 2 hearing aids (about $6,000 for the pair) due hearing loss caused while flying Hercules transports. I can JUST imagine all these young guys when the results of overloading their ears comes home to roost!
I agree.

I have hereditary nerve deafness and wear hearing aids, even when riding (so I can hear the traffic).

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode