On to my first few miles, my own impressions!
Ok so VeeVee 2010 has done about 420 kms in 3 days of commuting plus a few dinners out to celebrate lol
Sheīs still too young and timid for photos, I will wait a couple more days lol
I am sure most of this will be no news for you:
- Chain was too tight, was corrected, headlights were almost pointing to the sky - now I know why some incoming vehicles were flashlighting me lol, also tuned. Throttle control had too much play before throttle, now fine tuned. Rear brake lever too low, upped 1 cm. Cannot say any bad things on the brakes, probably braided hel lines installed at 0 km, as well as dot 5.1 brake oil helped out.
- Have moved the front factory windshield to uppermost position, much better venting but not perfect (I am 1,80 mts tall), top of helmet gets some buffeting. Maybe drill a third row of holes to get the shield a bit higher, does this make any sense?
- first 300 km avoided going higher than 5k rpm, at about 350 started pushing to 6k rpm a few times. half the time riding with the girl in the back. Will change oil and filter at 500 km and add in a magnetic oil sump plug, plus sinthetic 15-50w oil, dealer recommendation, I have no issues with that, and then push higher up into the 8k rpm range. Will of course redo oil change at 1000 km service.
- I am always trying to get the mirrors in position. Have ordered motowerkīs mirror extenders to position them further away (maybe about 30 degrees towards front), I donīt know if those mirror extenders do get them a bit higher, that would be nice.
- I think I will have problems with the seat. It is stated that it was improved since 09, but if 2010 is like this the 09 must have been terrible. After 30 or 40km I start moving in the bike trying to cure my a** numbness but that doesnt help because I am unable to stay put at mid or back points. I get pushed in the front. Because right now I cannot spend any more money on upgrades, maybe I will try another nice memberīs idea of trying to get the seat higher on the internal U seat front connection. Also the feel of the factory foam is a total disgrace.
Ordered motowerkīs lowering front pegs, maybe this will help a bit at seat positioning ?
- Have noticed the so said "whistle" from injection, sensed it at idle. But what puzzles me is hearing a few rattles (4 or 5 so far) from the exaust at low rpms, and a few times when decelerating (3 or 4 times so far). Is this normal ?
- In hot daytime (35šC presently) when pushing from city stoplights my right leg gets hot, but liveable lol
- I am disappointed with mikes grill. Again, I ordered it because no other manufacturer would produce a golden anodised one. Itīs not a perfect fit from side to side (the mid point slightly folds out) but the saddest thing is the grillīs application onto the radiator: 4 pieces of steel string! not even golden! (the cover is golden, as I wanted). This is a winny keeny job in my humble opinion, 50 pounds for a simple mesh with a rubberized plastic outskirt made to fit (almost!) seems like an abbuse. Of course cannot spend another 50 pounds on another rad cover, so I will try to fix it with adjustable steel bracelets between the cover and the back of the rad, one running vertical at height, another horizontal at width. Also have the option of using high temp 2 component bond epoxy to glue in the cover onto the top and low most points of the radiator fin, but probably if I wanted to take it out I would have to drill, and that doesnīt sounds good.
Any other ideas?
- Still canīt comment on mileage, but itīs probably a bit high, not concerned on the first few hundred miles.
- I keep looking for 7th gear lol maybe in the future will follow opinions and fit a 44 teeth rear sprocket. Anyone knows where can I order a compatible one in europe, and how many chain elements, if any, have to be taken out?
As soon as I sort out these small mishaps I am sure I will be very happy. All and all a very nice ride, power range right on spot for town and commuting use, and people keep looking at it, not that I really care but itīs good for the ego lol
So what do you think, all opinions welcome..
in the hot... sweaty sunny weather