NO more BMW G650 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kawdog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

NO more BMW G650

Bad news for the Chain Gang

That's was one of the last bikes I had before the Vs. 650, so hopefully we will get a lot of new owners from this BMW brain storm. They always wanted customers to trade up, but the 650 was perfect for most customers. It only took them 22 years to figure it out.

The TR650 they sold to Husky could beat a KTM 690 out of the crate, and I think they saw that a 650 could replace their whole line (BMW first, and THEN KTM!!) I'd love to own a TR650 too, but a Vs. 650 by itself will work for now.

Welcome any new members to the ultimate 650cc motorcycle: the Vs. 650.
(This is what they really wanted when they bought the BMW, for the street anyway: or a Bultaco 350 for the off-road)

Thanks!!
kballowe likes this.

Last edited by kawdog; 09-22-2015 at 12:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 08:10 AM

Well, I think that's a stupid move. It was a very good "entry level" BMW that got people hooked into the brand. I used to ride with BMW riders and honestly I lost count of how many new riders got the 650s and in less of a year they were trading up to the paralell twins or the boxers... They were not without their faults, in over 20 years of production BMW never bothered fixing the stupid waterpump, but they were pretty effective at getting people to drink up the BMW kool aid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode