Walmart contoured ear plugs - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By AdventureSeeker
  • 1 Post By cjcintucson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Walmart contoured ear plugs

They are the only contoured ear plugs I have found yet (that don't constantly pop out of your ears.)

I went to a couple of Walmart's that did not have them and started to freak out. Then I went to a Supercenter and THEY had them. Whewwww! They would be 10x as much at a specialty store and too expensive for the regular Walmart's to carry. They must have motorcyclists allegiance all over the Continent, and maybe the world!

Srill available in Kawasaki Green too for less than $3 for at least 10 of them.

Last edited by kawdog; 09-19-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 06:42 PM
RMS

What section of the super walmart do you get them, automotive, tool`s,, ect ect ????
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 07:24 PM

link?

Versys 2015 Green

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 11:47 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
order from walmart.com or request at your local ones

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMS View Post
What section of the super walmart do you get them, automotive, tool`s,, ect ect ????
They are in the Drug Store section near all the other ear plugs. They are bright green in clear bag. Sometimes the Supercenter will be out if an empty hanger says about $2.98 or less (USD.)

With all the small stuff at the Pharmacy, just ask a Pharmacist or employee (they have thousands of different little boxes per aisle it seems.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
order from walmart.com or request at your local ones
Unfortunately, it's not that easy. Most employees just go "Duh", since it's all central ordered. They probably could if they were knowledgeable, but... Or I wouldn't have drove to 3 walmarts before I figured out that it was the Supercenter's only that carried the good, one of a kind contoured ear plugs (in Kawasaki green.)

Last edited by kawdog; 09-20-2015 at 12:04 PM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 05:45 PM

Garage
Those are the ones I like and use.
ndavis likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 10:43 AM

Not trying to high jack the thread just fyi. But I bought a DIY ear plug molding kit for around 15.00 and after three years they still work great, just clean and go, but I can't remember the online store. Easy to use mold your own ear plugs, works great for me if anyone is interested.

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 10:49 AM

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 10:51 AM
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s102000 View Post
Not trying to high jack the thread just fyi. But I bought a DIY ear plug molding kit for around 15.00 and after three years they still work great, just clean and go, but I can't remember the online store. Easy to use mold your own ear plugs, works great for me if anyone is interested.
Good luck with those. I used to work at Engineered Fabrics Corp (EFC) in Rockmart, GA at the old Goodyear building! I started up the automated cutting center and oil boom start-up process there. It's a nice city and a good air plane fuel cell business at EFC.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 11:51 AM

Ok cool. I'm in Paulding but have a Rockmart address, I grew up in Dallas. I used to play golf at the Goodyear course until they closed it down years ago.

Where do you live now?

Sold 2005 honda vtx 1300 bought an '09 versys
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Walmart plugs wholesale

I had to go to two SuperCenters today to find one box of 10 pair, so I looked up the manufacturer and found 50 pair for about the same as Walmart except for the time and gas. Wow, motorcyclists are snapping them up as the cheap contoured plugs. (the non-contoured plugs are cheaper but keep popping out of your ear getting dirty and possibly giving ear infections: not good that close to the brain!) $14.95 for 50 pair shipped!

Flents Quiet Contour Comfort Foam Earplugs NRR 33nu ll 50Pa irHeari ngProtecti | eBay

Last edited by kawdog; 04-10-2016 at 09:43 PM.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 05:40 AM

I used to stock up on those Flents ear plugs whenever I'm went to the USA. They can also be found on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Flents Contour Ear Plugs - Soft Comfort! 50 Pair with Flents Green Ear Plug Case: Health & Personal Care

But it has been a while since I've used them, now I mostly rely on my Kicker Phenom earbuds:

http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-EB92MB-...=kicker+phenom

Most of the time I'm riding I just wear them for ear protection, I only play music when I start getting bored on long stretches of interstates. I used to be against music when riding, but it helps me stay awake when I'm droning down the highway.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 11:57 AM

I recently went on a bit of a vision quest to find better earplugs. I use earplugs while on the bike, while sleeping, and while using power tools in the shop. I bought every plug at WalMart (look in the sleep aids aisle, the tools aisle, and the sporting goods aisle), I ordered some online, I went bonkers. I tried expensive ones and cheap ones. There aren't really many manufacturers of earplugs, there is a lot of rebranding though.

My results are as follows:
The most comfortable, and most noise blocking (NRR33, 32dB reduction) buds also happen to be some of the cheapest I found, MOLDEX 6800's. These can be had for under $7 for 25 pairs on ebay. I cannot recommend them enough, each wears for me for 3 nights w/ no problem. These earbuds are extremely soft but also large, so the noise blocking is AMAZING while still being very comfortable. Here's a link to what I'm talking about. This is 10 pairs for $4.75

The easiest to find/comfortable are the green "Comfort" ear plugs from the WalMart sleeping aisle. These are like ~$5. They're OK but only about 70% as comfortable as the Moldex and they do NOT block nearly as much sound. They're also finnicky to get in.

My favorite MOTORCYCLE pair are a set of NoNoise Motorsport filtered plugs I picked up on Amazon for like $20. They're only like 25dB reduction, but they're FILTERED, which means that music from the Sena, voices, horns, that sort of thing are perfectly audible while wind and motor noise are largely unnoticeable. They also come in a nice little aluminum, crush-proof tube that fits perfectly into one of the slots in my backpack.

Link to the nonoise motorsport plugs.
quexpress likes this.

Last edited by AdventureSeeker; 04-11-2016 at 08:18 PM.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 12:07 PM

Thanks AdventureSeeker for the great review. As there is no link to the NoNoise, and I just looked on Amazon, I think it is worth pointing out that you should get the ones with Motorsport in the name as there are other models for other things like, work, sleep, etc.
AdventureSeeker likes this.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 05:54 PM

I use these for drums/live shows/lawn mowing/riding, etc. Can clean, never have to throw away, and slip in and out easily. And you can have a conversation with them in, without feeling like you're underwater.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ZJJ4HGWAKK8QRY

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 06:09 PM

I used something similar and I was surprised how good the attenuation was and comfortable they were.

I'm looking for something now, I found this, it looks similar to that, but also molds on the ear:
decibullz

but I want the version just with the ear plugs, not the earphones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofnothing View Post
I use these for drums/live shows/lawn mowing/riding, etc. Can clean, never have to throw away, and slip in and out easily. And you can have a conversation with them in, without feeling like you're underwater.

Amazon.com: Howard Leight FUS30-HP Fusion Earplug Reg Corded In Hearpack (3 Pair): Industrial & Scientific

Versys 2015 Green
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
Thanks AdventureSeeker for the great review. As there is no link to the NoNoise, and I just looked on Amazon, I think it is worth pointing out that you should get the ones with Motorsport in the name as there are other models for other things like, work, sleep, etc.
Thanks for this. I did include the "Motorsport" in the name, but I didn't link them. I've added a few links.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode