Hi Res - Police Leniency - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi Res - Police Leniency

Hi All -

I've gotten away with several tickets, I believe because of the Hi-res jacket -

My thoughts are this...

1) Around here (DC) military requires them for all soldiers - perhaps the assumption that I am a soldier leads to leniency...

2) Responsible enough to were one - then probably not an idiot threading through heavy traffic at 100mph

Today - Rolling stop - cop was right there! I thought Ahh shucks (trying to keep it clean) - he saw me, I saw him, but nothing!

I stopped on the side of the road to adjust my bracket for hwy speeds - no one was around so I quickly popped it to 80 (prob 75) and there was a state trooper, just waiting for me...said ahh (shucks) again, and even saw the brake likes start, but alas no pursuit.....Either the jacket or perhaps I should buy a lotto ticket.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Foo Fighter Rider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

I think you're assuming a lot.... Go buy a lotto ticket....

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csa714 View Post
Hi All -
I've gotten away with several tickets, I believe because of the Hi-res jacket...
Oh, if only it were that easy...

Id be happy to wear something sewn together with LED thread!

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csa714 View Post
Hi All -

I've gotten away with several tickets, I believe because of the Hi-res jacket -

My thoughts are this...

1) Around here (DC) military requires them for all soldiers - perhaps the assumption that I am a soldier leads to leniency...

2) Responsible enough to were one - then probably not an idiot threading through heavy traffic at 100mph

Today - Rolling stop - cop was right there! I thought Ahh shucks (trying to keep it clean) - he saw me, I saw him, but nothing!

I stopped on the side of the road to adjust my bracket for hwy speeds - no one was around so I quickly popped it to 80 (prob 75) and there was a state trooper, just waiting for me...said ahh (shucks) again, and even saw the brake likes start, but alas no pursuit.....Either the jacket or perhaps I should buy a lotto ticket.

Hey man, while I have a had similar experiences because of my Hi-viz jacket , I don't make it a habit or something that I would count on.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 04:33 PM

Today I came up on a State Trooper on a bike, was saying 80 on the speedo catching up to him, slowed to 75-77 as I relalized it was a trooper, he slowed down as I went by and swung across the median to get a cage driver....awesome!! Good thing my under armours fit tight, no need to pull over and wipe
Not really a hi-viz jacket, but red/gray/blk Kawasaki jacket.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fishing and riding,doesn't get any better!!

2009 Lime green Versys
Baldwin reg. saddle w/lime grn. thread and gel insert
Hepco & Becker crash bars
Givi side carriers w/ E21's
Fenda Extenda
Motowerk foot peg lowering blocks & mirror extenders
cut tail fender
black lower panels
Mikesshields Gran Touring, clear
Alaskan Leather Pillion 1 buttpad (trip use only)
Sw-Motech 20mm riser

Versys gone..replace with Victory Hammer
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 05:01 PM

Back in winter I got a "warning" ticket on my buddy's HD Street Bob doing 63 in a 40. The officer didn't care what I was wearing. I told her I was just test riding it and she did concede that I didn't look like a normal HD rider. And since I had never had a ticket on a motorcycle, she let me go with the warning. Personally I think the high-viz helped her single me out.

2009 Versys
2000 Vulcan Drifter 800
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 05:16 PM

right, i don't think it's the hi-viz. i've been let off the hook while wearing a dingy red jacket and a black suit. i never wear my yella moto jacket when i'm driving my car, but i've blown thru some traps without pursuit and been pulled over and let off the hook while driving, too.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetzel View Post
Back in winter I got a "warning" ticket on my buddy's HD Street Bob doing 63 in a 40. The officer didn't care what I was wearing. I told her I was just test riding it and she did concede that I didn't look like a normal HD rider. And since I had never had a ticket on a motorcycle, she let me go with the warning. Personally I think the high-viz helped her single me out.
I think it was probably because you were going more than 50% over the speed limit that caught her attention, not the high-viz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode