Road Trip to New Orleans/Gulf Coast for vacation...... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Road Trip to New Orleans/Gulf Coast for vacation......

I am currently planning a road trip/vacation to New Orleans/Gulf Coast from Va. I need to buy the hard bags first, and possibly a GIVI screen, but then am just going! Any thoughts on route, (I want to see some of the oil spill, and some pristine beaches (maybe Pensacola) and eat some good food, if there is any seafood left down there. I of course will have GPS, I need to get the Universal Mount from Motowerk. This bike is quickly becoming my favorite, I think I'll sell my 2007 Triumph Speedmaster and just keep the Harley Fatbob and V

Bikes:
2011 Kawasaki Versys (expected soon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 Triumph Speedmaster (current)
2007 Buell XB STT Lightning (Sold)
2009 Kawasaki Versys (Sold)
2008 Harley Fatbob (Current)
2007 Triumph Speedmaster (Sold)
2008 Kawasaki Versys (Sold)
2008 Yamaha Raider (Sold)
2008 Suzuki M109R (Sold)
2006 Yamaha Warrior (Sold)
2004 Triumph America (Sold)
2002 Suzuki DRZ400S (Sold)
1972 Kawasaki 100 Enduro (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 09:13 PM

Good for you, the gulf area needs all the tourists it can get now, no matter the reason! Take some simple green with you!

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 09:27 PM

I live just north of Lake Ponchartrain in Mandeville, LA. With 3 Little ones needing plenty of attention, I am always looking for another excuse to ride. I'd be happy to give you the Grand Tour through the New Orleans area. When do you expect to be in my neighborhood?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANYONWLF7 View Post
I am currently planning a road trip/vacation to New Orleans/Gulf Coast from Va. I need to buy the hard bags first, and possibly a GIVI screen, but then am just going! Any thoughts on route, (I want to see some of the oil spill, and some pristine beaches (maybe Pensacola) and eat some good food, if there is any seafood left down there. I of course will have GPS, I need to get the Universal Mount from Motowerk. This bike is quickly becoming my favorite, I think I'll sell my 2007 Triumph Speedmaster and just keep the Harley Fatbob and V
and keep us posted with pictures
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANYONWLF7 View Post
Don't know where you're coming from in VA. The Natchez Trace Pkwy is a good North/South route through Mississippi from Tennessee on your way to New Orleans. The speed limit is low, but traffic and enforcement is usually light whenever I've ridden it and I like the limited access freeway aspect of the ride. There are also some scenic and historical spots along the way, and there are lots of areas with shade from trees. You have lots of options through the Appalachians, but I wouldn't miss the Blue Ridge if it's on your way.
Once you get south of the mountains, good roads get hard to come by. It is also going to be really hot. Add some sort of camelback to your necessary gear.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode