denali sound bomb - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By waltermitty

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2015, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

denali sound bomb

anyone here have one? I ordered one and it will be here today so it will be installed tonight. drivers here just don't seem to hear the stock horn, maybe they will after I get the denali installed.

Thunder Blue 2013 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2015, 08:23 AM

For those, like me, who didn't know what a DSB was/is...
Denali SoundBomb Compact Dual-Tone Air Horn - TwistedThrottle.com

$50, +wiring harness ($15/$27), + mounting bracket ($16)...

I'll pass due to the "must have" accessories...
Old 09-09-2015, 09:40 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i plan on getting a wolo myself... but about the same thing

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"

Old 09-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

WOLO - me too... x 3...?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Old 09-09-2015, 08:20 PM

Garage
I bought the Wolo BadBoy, very similar design to the Denalli. That wiring harness is pretty pricey and it would be my guess they use crap components, you could easily make your own for that price with good quality wiring and relay. I watched the video they don't show any of the wiring or the bracket so it is unknown if it's any good. 1 thing I will say wow it's loud.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:55 PM

and WOLO is a copy of the Stebel Nautilus

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
Old 09-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewhtf View Post
and WOLO is a copy of the Stebel Nautilus
FWIW - the Stebel I had "died", but NONE of the THREE WOLO's I have, has.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Old 01-30-2016, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Denali c/w remote compressor / Speedy Highway Pegs

This is on a 07, the horn is mounted in the original location of the OEM horn, the wiring for the OEM horn is pulled back to the relay that drives the horn, next or to the left of the compressor is part of the Thermo-Bob, all parts are supplied except the clamp I used to mount the compressor, FYI all the parts I used are stainless, the clamp is a 1 1/4 stainless conduit stand off strap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160130_194252872.jpg (41.2 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160130_194302186.jpg (37.8 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160130_194318701.jpg (41.8 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160130_194426087.jpg (38.8 KB, 235 views)
Old 01-30-2016, 08:50 PM

Garage
Air horns are problematic when exposed to the environment. Water kills them. Drying out from non use kills them.

I put these 6 inch electric horns on my Voyager. Made it sound like an emergency vehicle and no issues riding in the rain.

I mounted the air horn I was going to put on the bike, in my wife's truck instead.

My Versys Travels:

Old 01-31-2016, 07:22 AM

I have spilt Sound Bomb. The compressor is on the right hand side as per the photo and the air horn is behind the right hand head light.

Wired through direct to the battery as the draw is around 35 amps. Only problem I had was that the fuse blew but once replaced it has been great.

For me a loud air horn is essential because
(a) pedestrians, bikes, anything here do not not expect a motorbike to be travelling at anything faster than 50kph so their road crossing judgements based on that so occaisonally you need to make them aware
(b) Great big black Lexus 570s with rich people inside think they own the road and it scares the devil out of them when you let rip because they think they are just about to be hit my another rich car
(c) It is no use with Water Buffalo because they just don't care and all they will do is make a lazy turn of their head and look at you as if to say "Who are you"....

Anyeay I would recommend but go the split version as the single version can be difficult to locate. I bought a Screaming Banshee but it was big and heavy so it is sitting on the shelf....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sound Bomb.jpg (43.9 KB, 286 views)
Old 01-31-2016, 09:10 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Air horns are problematic when exposed to the environment. Water kills them. Drying out from non use kills them.

I put these 6 inch electric horns on my Voyager. Made it sound like an emergency vehicle and no issues riding in the rain.

I mounted the air horn I was going to put on the bike, in my wife's truck instead.
link to were you got them?

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
Old 02-01-2016, 08:47 AM

I got the "mini sound bomb" which isn't quite as loud, but it's louder than the stock horn and it doesn't require a relay or any additional wiring. It's about $30.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:37 AM

The Wolo, Stebel Nautilus, etc are all coming out of the same factory in China. You can buy them no name off ebay for about $20. I have bought branded ones and no name and they are identical. The sound bomb is a newer model and they are showing up on ebay, too. You can take them apart yourself.
AdamG likes this.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
This is on a 07, the horn is mounted in the original location of the OEM horn, the wiring for the OEM horn is pulled back to the relay that drives the horn, next or to the left of the compressor is part of the Thermo-Bob, all parts are supplied except the clamp I used to mount the compressor, FYI all the parts I used are stainless, the clamp is a 1 1/4 stainless conduit stand off strap.
How long did you have it that way on your 07? Did you notice if it was affected by rain, etc?

I ask because I'm thinking of cloning your setup and moving mine (2015 Versys 650) from under the front fairing to the original location of the OEM horn.
It works fine under the front fairing but when I lift the front of the bike with my steering stem stand, the stand sometimes hits the horn.

Thank you!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Horn going on 16,000KM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post

How long did you have it that way on your 07? Did you notice if it was affected by rain, etc?

I ask because I'm thinking of cloning your setup and moving mine (2015 Versys 650) from under the front fairing to the original location of the OEM horn.
It works fine under the front fairing but when I lift the front of the bike with my steering stem stand, the stand sometimes hits the horn.

Thank you!
As I posted, it faces forward, been through mud, driving rain, gravel, it is a air horn, now if I was like JDROCKS and was crossing rivers everyday, I might re think the location, mind you my thought would be to toot the horn the minute I was back on dry land, kind of giving it a washout.
Trust me, if you are within 1 KM of me, you will hear the horn, and it ain't toot toot. I did say previously in another post that my headlights dim when I run it, and that is at 6000 RPM with full output of the stator.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
As I posted, it faces forward, been through mud, driving rain, gravel, it is a air horn, now if I was like JDROCKS and was crossing rivers everyday, I might re think the location, mind you my thought would be to toot the horn the minute I was back on dry land, kind of giving it a washout.
Trust me, if you are within 1 KM of me, you will hear the horn, and it ain't toot toot. I did say previously in another post that my headlights dim when I run it, and that is at 6000 RPM with full output of the stator.
Thanks onewizard!
I'll move mine to the OEM location.
I agree. The sound of the Denali sound bomb "ain't toot toot" LOL!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in