Cell Phone - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Cell Phone

Looks like Im going to hold onto the VibraVersys a while and give it a fair chance to settle down a bit.

SO, I would like to mount a Holder for my cell phone.. What is a good mount for the iphone?

Secondly, on a curious note, I worry that mounting it externally instead of my riding gear pocket, should I have a crash the phone may go flying and I may not have it available for emergency use? How well do these hold on to the phone? Id just like to have it for occasional gps use, and to see if someone called me while out on my ride.. Recommendations appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
GPS on Phones suck the battry dead very quickly.
If you then plug them in to charge them they get hot... so you need to consider that the ph holder will allow the phone not to get too hot that the phones turns off, and keeps it safe and not release it to be smashed on the road.

Some like the Ram X mounts - you can always add rubber bands to keep the arms gripping tighter.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 08:26 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
Looks like Im going to hold onto the VibraVersys a while and give it a fair chance to settle down a bit.

SO, I would like to mount a Holder for my cell phone.. What is a good mount for the iphone?

Secondly, on a curious note, I worry that mounting it externally instead of my riding gear pocket, should I have a crash the phone may go flying and I may not have it available for emergency use? How well do these hold on to the phone? Id just like to have it for occasional gps use, and to see if someone called me while out on my ride.. Recommendations appreciated!
Waterproof Motorcycle Bike Bicycle Handlebar Mount Holder Case for Cell Phone | eBay this is the type of holder for my phone (only isue ive had was phone over heated once when it was 110* out i had the screen brightness turned up to 100% ,PGS, and blue tooth on streaming music and gpsing,

and as for having it mounted VS in pocket, id rather have my phone strapped to bike or in a bag vs. in my pocket in a wreck, from personal experience phone in pocket gets smashed and leaves a nice bruise on your hip

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 08:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigitt View Post
GPS on Phones suck the battry dead very quickly.
If you then plug them in to charge them they get hot... so you need to consider that the ph holder will allow the phone not to get too hot that the phones turns off, and keeps it safe and not release it to be smashed on the road.

Some like the Ram X mounts - you can always add rubber bands to keep the arms gripping tighter.
my droid hated the Xmount, it took a skipping trip down the freeway when i hit a pothole

yes im a guy.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
Waterproof Motorcycle Bike Bicycle Handlebar Mount Holder Case for Cell Phone | eBay this is the type of holder for my phone (only isue ive had was phone over heated once when it was 110* out i had the screen brightness turned up to 100% ,PGS, and blue tooth on streaming music and gpsing,

and as for having it mounted VS in pocket, id rather have my phone strapped to bike or in a bag vs. in my pocket in a wreck, from personal experience phone in pocket gets smashed and leaves a nice bruise on your hip
That looks along the line of what I may be looking for, and cheap too. Wonder if I can find one local without ordering.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 09:34 AM

I doubt you would find that local but it would be nice to handle in person before buying...I may try it for $16 (free ship).
I did buy a two-pack of the Cell Buckles (found in a second hand store for $10)
What is Cell Buckle? - Cell BuckleCell Buckle

1) Barely fits my Samsung S3 in a case...fine without
2) the phone rubs on the bars and bar mount - not a tall enough mount
3) little wobbly

I'm in to see some more "success" stories...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:

This holds the iPhone 6 very well but it can't be in a protective case when using this holder. As far as running the battery down just plug it in to your outlet for charging phones that you need to put in anyway. If it starts raining I can put a Ziploc bag over or just put it in my pocket or in my tank bag.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1440776770.806664.jpgImageUploadedByMO Free1440776802.140110.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 10:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
That looks along the line of what I may be looking for, and cheap too. Wonder if I can find one local without ordering.
i wouldnt hold my breath on that, id just order if from whangfyoung and wait the two weeks for it to show up, make sure to measure your phone befor ordering and give yourself a few MM to spare

yes im a guy.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 11:02 AM

I found one for $8.50 fitting my Samsung SIII.
Now I'm confident this well-made phone holder will have no issues staying on the bike...However, somehow I can now see my phone flying by me at 65mph just grazing the left side of my helmet...I would like a new phone...

I will attach a lanyard for safety and report back with a review.

Motorcycle Bicycle Handlebar Holder Mount Waterproof Bag Case for Cell Phone | eBay
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 05:08 PM

Garage
Ram for the phone cradle and Ram for however/wherever you want to mount it to the bike.

versatile mounting options, American made (which even a Canadian means something), lifetime warranty

"I live for myself and I answer to nobody."
Steve McQueen
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 06:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorgb View Post
I found one for $8.50 fitting my Samsung SIII.
Now I'm confident this well-made phone holder will have no issues staying on the bike...However, somehow I can now see my phone flying by me at 65mph just grazing the left side of my helmet...I would like a new phone...

I will attach a lanyard for safety and report back with a review.

Motorcycle Bicycle Handlebar Holder Mount Waterproof Bag Case for Cell Phone | eBay
ya if you wanna be super safe attach a peace of wire from it to your bars is even got a lil D ring for that but honestly once latched in place i have a hard time getting it off using the " quick release".....what quicker then removing the handle bars and taking them with?
thats the same one i have on my husbands bike tho only thing different between his and mine other then size is the mount

yes im a guy.

Last edited by silviefox; 08-28-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode