Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
scotoiler

are these easy to fit to a versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 11:04 PM

always a way to do it...

The kits are full of different fitting brackets and there's always a way to do it, but be aware that they build up alot of "gunk" inside your front sprocket cover , That's where the pick-up for the speedo is mounted on the Versys. Hope you never have to service anything under there because it'll be a brick of solid goo when you do....... Also make sure the reservoir is mounted upright or you seem to get bubbles in the line to the dripper when the oil starts to get low.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

I thought scotoiler are cleaner and its the spray gunk that goos up the the sprocket area

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 03:37 AM

Hi Stephen,

Try http://www.scottoiler.com/support_in..._model=86&kit=

It instruction on which scottoiler model you prefer:
1. Normal scottoiler (connected to throttle bodies)
2. Electronic scottoiler (electronically controlled)

Also try http://www.versys.co.uk/index.php?op...5&topic=8376.0

I have the normal scottoiler which works fine for me.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

I can confirm that the scottoiler will oil your chain well... as well as the left side of your bike, your left leg, license plate, etc.

I would recommend that you look at the electronic oilers that only put out oil based on mileage. Scottoiler's or I think there is one called a Prooiler.

Steve

IBA #37625 (Earned in 98 Awarded in 2009... Yeah I'm a little lazy sometimes...)

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

The prooiler looks good but it is electrical and you have to plumb it into the speed sensor
I dont want to go cutting the electrical wires whist its under the bike arrenty period and I already have the scotoiler from a previous bike

thanx
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Got the Acumen Automatic unit. works fine and used only on long tour, otherwise a spray before ride and after ride keep the oil on the chain for a good 300miles.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 04:23 PM

I had a scotoiler fitted when I bought the bike. (I included it as well as bags givi bags when dealing on price.) They didn't even factor labour in when fitting it so I would imagine a pro 30 minutes, cautious amateur, an afternoon. I love having it. Chain looks great, much preferable to chain lube in a spray can. The rear rim, and inside area around the exhaust will get oil spotted, but a clrean rag wipes it up in minutes. I still think the pros far outway the cons after three years with bike.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 05:23 PM

The Scottoiler is fairly simple to install. I have the two-output thingie. The reservoir fits nicely on a frame tube. MIne is the vacuum-operated one, but I would have gotten the electronically-actuated one if it had been available at the time.

Every auto-lube device will add grunge to the bike. The more precise ones will make less a mess, but it will still make a mess. Remember that modern o-ring chains need lube only to keep the seals in good shape. The lube that affects wear is kept inside the o-ring. There really is not a big need for auto-oilers with o-ring chains unless you plan to ride long distances.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danomar View Post
The Scottoiler is fairly simple to install. I have the two-output thingie. The reservoir fits nicely on a frame tube. MIne is the vacuum-operated one, but I would have gotten the electronically-actuated one if it had been available at the time.

Every auto-lube device will add grunge to the bike. The more precise ones will make less a mess, but it will still make a mess. Remember that modern o-ring chains need lube only to keep the seals in good shape. The lube that affects wear is kept inside the o-ring. There really is not a big need for auto-oilers with o-ring chains unless you plan to ride long distances.
+100. All you need is keep the chain a bit wet with lube.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode