Most notable differences between 2015 and the previous years - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By outdoorgb

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2015, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Most notable differences between 2015 and the previous years

I'm searching high and low for a comprehensive list of differences from year to year and most importantly the differences between the redesigned 2015 model vs the previous years.

I have to confess, it is my opinion that they completely destroyed the unique look of the Versy's, as the over under headlight configuration was perfect.
Now it looks like some sort of a hybrid between the V-storm and a front end of a snowmobile...
I find this look to be bland and uninteresting at best....I always thought that the V-strom was one of the ugliest bikes out there and now the Versy's designers just destroyed the coolest looking bike.

I'm surprised, that there aren't any internet discussions to be found on this topic...if there are, I haven't found them.

Im most likely now limiting my search to 2014 and under, unless there is a really, really good reason why the 2015 is much better than the previous models.
This would have to be nothing short of spectacular for me to even consider the 2015 at this point.

Also a side question, what year model seems to be the most trouble free?

Thank you in advance for any answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2015, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_trucker View Post
I'm searching high and low for a comprehensive list of differences from year to year and most importantly the differences between the redesigned 2015 model vs the previous years.

Also a side question, what year model seems to be the most trouble free?

Thank you in advance for any answers.
I started a thread some time ago:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...en-1-2-vs.html

They are ALL trouble-free...!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Old 08-23-2015, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Thank you fasteddiecopeman...I have read that thread, but for some reason it reveals very little as the topic centers mostly around fuel mileage, seat modification and some electrical wiring.
I'm very interested in specific year to year changes, but I can't seem to find any comprehensive info on that.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Look. No longer unique. I am thinking about finding a new left over '14.

My Versys Travels:

Old 08-23-2015, 09:03 PM

It would be funny if Kawasaki changed back to the Gen 2 headlights in 2017.
I think it is the best: looking, space utilization, and optical reach in lighting.
And yes, it is unique. I can't tell a white 2015 VS. 650 from a Honda VFR 800 from a ...

I'm glad the dock shortage made me get a 2012 now in Dec/2014.
It is worth twice as much as I paid for it now, imo
Thanks goodness for sharing members of this site and Motor Helmets for helping me put it together!
Old 08-23-2015, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
I can't tell a white 2015 VS. 650 from a Honda VFR 800 from a ...
Then you need glasses:

Old 08-23-2015, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Then you need glasses:

How about an old tiger 1050.

My Versys Travels:

Old 08-23-2015, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Then you need glasses:
Unless I'm at a gas station, I generally can not see flashes going in different directions and recognize the bike types EXCEPT for the headlights.

Now if I had saddlebags, a barn-door windshield that restricted my speed to less than 80, couldn't lean my bike lower than 60 degrees, had an extra hundred pounds of brick load, and carried back issues of motorcycle mags in the saddlebags, I could see your point

Last edited by kawdog; 08-23-2015 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post

To be honest I don't know what they were thinking....they sure tried to fix something that wasn't broken to begin with.
Hopefully they will realize their mistake and go back to the original headlight style, but based on the general silence regarding this topic, its not very likely to happen...
I think the pre-2015 Versy's was one of the best looking motorcycles out there before they killed it...
Old 08-24-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
I could see your point
If you can't tell a VFR from a Versys. you can't see anything!

Quote:
Ewww, that bike is yellow, it must be yours. You look great at your 60° lean. I'm sure Mark Marquez is shaking in his leathers at your display of mad skillz!
Old 08-24-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
If you can't tell a VFR from a Versys. you can't see anything!

Ewww, that bike is yellow, it must be yours. You look great at your 60° lean. I'm sure Mark Marquez is shaking in his leathers at your display of mad skillz!
No, you are written all over that bike. Yellow is closer to orange than pearl gold metal flake. You could still have your wife lay on the ground in a corner taking your 60 degree lean-scrape shots (if you could reach the handlebars.) You could be Raf Fink rides again (again if you reach the handlebars.)

Last edited by kawdog; 08-24-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
You could still have your wife lay on the ground in a corner taking your 60 degree lean-scrape shots
If I could attain a 60° lean angle on my Versys, it would look like this.

mark.jpg

If nothing else useful comes of this conversation, at least you should learn the conventional way to describe lean angles. It's the angle of lean from straight up and down, not the angle from the ground to the rider.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
To be honest I don't know what they were thinking....they sure tried to fix something that wasn't broken to begin with.
Hopefully they will realize their mistake and go back to the original headlight style, but based on the general silence regarding this topic, its not very likely to happen...
I think the pre-2015 Versy's was one of the best looking motorcycles out there before they killed it...
Wasn't broken? If it looked so good, then why there are so many leftover bikes? Why has the V-Strom constantly outsold the Versys? Why so many people don't even know what a Versys is? There have been many new members since the new Versys came out, so it is working.

Yes, the looks were "unique", unique as in F-ugly; which I don't mind, I can't look at it while I ride it.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I found one 50 miles south of me, new, on the lot with 0 miles...They marked it $4999 in an online ad. When I showed up it was marked $5999...I showed them the ad, laid down 5K + title and registration...was out the door 30 minutes later with a brand new bike...$5244

There are still a handful around the Portland area...sure it's the same around the country. Fun bikes!
twowheeladdict likes this.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
If I could attain a 60° lean angle on my Versys, it would look like this.

Attachment 70321

If nothing else useful comes of this conversation, at least you should learn the conventional way to describe lean angles. It's the angle of lean from straight up and down, not the angle from the ground to the rider.
And just how many engineering degrees do you have? Motorcycle magazine subscription years do not count
Old 08-24-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
And just how many engineering degrees do you have? Motorcycle magazine subscription years do not count
Two. A BSEE and an MSEE. And I'm not in acupuncture school.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Two. A BSEE and an MSEE. And I'm not in acupuncture school.
So EE's never took statics (maybe) and/or dynamics in your curriculum, much less use it in their careers. I've got a BSIE and MS in Mfg Sys with a multiple engineering CAD-CAM certificate from the number one school in both of those majors in the world (which DOES include statics and dynamics in the curriculum.)

Acupuncture is cool, and the main reason you are not in (again, the number one Acupuncture) school (in CA) is you can't. You really need it bad. Get help somewhere if you can before it's too late (seriously.)
Old 08-24-2015, 11:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
The gen 1 and 2 Versys were not big sellers, yes they gained an enthusiastic following however it's all about selling a product for the company. No profit, no Versys, just from my observations since the 15 came out (650 and 1K) a lot more people have joined Versys forums which indicates to me a lot more people are buying them. From their point of view it was no mistake.
And yes I prefer the MK2 for it's unique-ness, however having said that I would buy a 15 if I was in the market.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:47 AM

Quote:
It would be funny if Kawasaki changed back to the Gen 2 headlights in 2017.
I think it is the best: looking, space utilization, and optical reach in lighting.
And yes, it is unique. I can't tell a white 2015 VS. 650 from a Honda VFR 800 from a ...

I'm glad the dock shortage made me get a 2012 now in Dec/2014.
It is worth twice as much as I paid for it now, imo
Thanks goodness for sharing members of this site and Motor Helmets for helping me put it together!

I've heard that the 2016er model is already delivered. The headlights have remained the same
Old 08-25-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
gee whiz, thanks for the occasional reminder on your credentials, otherwise, how would anyone guess your day job, since ya know, every word you post looks like...a squeak-by GED with acupuncture cert.
Thanks Jack Daniels! Your run-on sentences always have the opposite effect from the twisted ignorance that inspired them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in