Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Help for California? 2009 ?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  motowill 
#1 ·
Anyone know of the staus of the Versys availability in California for 2009 ?
I called Kawasaki (Headquarters in Irvine CA ,,, Thats Ironic..) They told me they have had alot of calls on this...... However, I was told they wouldn`t know until the end of September....mmm....tired of waiting for the word,,,,

Thanks,

#3 ·
Yes, I'm in Kalifornia and looking at this bike to purchase.... talked to Kawasaki dealer in LA area and they said the same....they will know something after their dealer meeting in the middle of Sept. and don't expect to see a V until Oct. if it comes here at all. After which time ya'll gonna have to help me take off the canisters.

First post. Saying hello. Was looking at BMW 650, KLR not on the list, Suzuki single maybe, T00 maybe, Ducati.."were are you going to buy parts if on the road", and then found this bike. I'd take a Honda Trans Alp if it were here. I'm not the street fighter type biker, and not the 600lb."american cruiser" rider either. Those pigs disgust me.

#4 ·
probably should open the wallet

If you want this bike, you better get to your dealer right away and lay down some green (i.e. deposit). ;) I'm first in line at my local shop. :thumb: If the 09 does become available in Cali :clap: , there won't be many left :eek: on the showroom floor of the Motorcyclist Magazine "Motorcycle of the Year."

#9 ·
Technically no.

The charcoal canister is independent of the exhaust system. However, any non-OEM exhaust component is illegal because it is not stamped as approved by the EPA. Heck, you could even get a homologated European exhaust that is as quiet as the stock muffler and it is still, technically, illegal.

Enforcement is another issue entirely. Here in the hills of Western North Carolina, I can't see being issued a citation for any sort of exhaust modification. I'd imagine the police are a little more active in Carmel by the Sea for example.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.