It's Done - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By otrp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

It's Done

Everything finally came together. I picked up my 2015 V1K Saturday.
Dealer only had black in stock, but he called in a favor from another dealer and got me the orange/black. The all black looks really good, but I've had too many black bikes and cars in the past. I needed a change.

This bike is awesome. I've been a cruiser guy all my life. I was looking for something different in looks, feel, ride etc. This bike covers all of that and more.

For now I am installing the R&G rad and header guard, the PSR pegs, the Puig Fender extender and some Grip Puppies.

Not a fan of the turbulence, so I will be looking for a new shield also, probably the Puig when in stock (Suggestions welcomed).

I am really enjoying the silence, but it needs a new can or something so I can hear what the engine is doing (Suggestions welcomed). I appreciate the tach, but I need to hear the r's. It sounds like I am standing oceanfront in a gale at the coast, all wind, no engine.

One thing I did notice on my way home from the dealer. I thought I saw somewhere on this forum that the 2015 doesn't light both headlights at once. When I flipped on my high beam, the low beam stayed on also. That made me very happy.

Now to get some miles on it.
OrientXpress2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 01:30 PM

Garage
sounds nice! pics please
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

I'll get to it in a day or so. Can't get it out right now.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 02:40 PM

Garage
Congrats on the new bike, low beam only lights one lamp, high lights them both. The reflectors are different in each side. Lots of modern bikes do the same thing if you want to fix it there is a device you can buy but I can't find the website just now. The gen 1 and gen 2 Versys did the same thing however being stacked vertically it did not look strange or out of place. I've never had anyone tell me I have a light out like they do with the horizontel arraigned headlights.

Last edited by MaverickAus; 08-10-2015 at 02:44 PM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otrp View Post
... I am really enjoying the silence, but it needs a new can or something so I can hear what the engine is doing (Suggestions welcomed). I appreciate the tach, but I need to hear the r's. It sounds like I am standing oceanfront in a gale at the coast, all wind, no engine. ...

I really like my Yoshi 2 outlet pipe. It looks good, its 60% lighter (saves 8 1/2 pounds), noticeable increase in midrange power, it sounds great. It's much louder than stock, but its quieter than most Harleys that I've heard. I like the way the sound varies as I work the throttle when I enter and exit the curves.

My pics, some dyno data, sourcing, etc. are on here:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...=yoshi+muffler

Last edited by trialsguy; 08-11-2015 at 08:03 AM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 03:03 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Everything finally came together. I picked up my 2015 V1K Saturday.
Dealer only had black in stock, but he called in a favor from another dealer and got me the orange/black. The all black looks really good, but I've had too many black bikes and cars in the past. I needed a change.

This bike is awesome. I've been a cruiser guy all my life. I was looking for something different in looks, feel, ride etc. This bike covers all of that and more.

For now I am installing the R&G rad and header guard, the PSR pegs, the Puig Fender extender and some Grip Puppies.

Not a fan of the turbulence, so I will be looking for a new shield also, probably the Puig when in stock (Suggestions welcomed).

I am really enjoying the silence, but it needs a new can or something so I can hear what the engine is doing (Suggestions welcomed). I appreciate the tach, but I need to hear the r's. It sounds like I am standing oceanfront in a gale at the coast, all wind, no engine.

One thing I did notice on my way home from the dealer. I thought I saw somewhere on this forum that the 2015 doesn't light both headlights at once. When I flipped on my high beam, the low beam stayed on also. That made me very happy.

Now to get some miles on it.
All (OK almost all) sport bike style (duel headlight) headlight are one on for head light and both for high beam due to single filament bulbs and so they can be aimed optimally

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
Congrats on the new bike, low beam only lights one lamp, high lights them both. The reflectors are different in each side. Lots of modern bikes do the same thing if you want to fix it there is a device you can buy but I can't find the website just now. The gen 1 and gen 2 Versys did the same thing however being stacked vertically it did not look strange or out of place. I've never had anyone tell me I have a light out like they do with the horizontel arraigned headlights.
Understood, thanks.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialsguy View Post
I really like my Yoshi 2 outlet pipe. It looks good, its 60% lighter (saves 8 1/2 pounds), noticeable increase in midrange power, it sounds great. It's much louder than stock, but its quieter than most Harleys that I've heard. I like the way the sounds varies as I work the throttle while entering and exiting the curves.

My pics, some dyno data, sourcing, etc. are on here:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...=yoshi+muffler
Sounds interesting, I'll check it out. Thanks.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 03:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
Lots of modern bikes do the same thing if you want to fix it there is a device you can buy but I can't find the website just now.
Quote:
Understood, thanks.
Found it http://www.doubletronics.com/en/prod...dlight-module/
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Thanks.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 04:45 PM

Glad you finally got it. I'm hoping the Puig windscreen will allow me to hear the engine. It just seems goofy to have to buy an expensive device because the engine is too quiet.

Keep posting. I'm very interested to hear about other peoples experiences with the V1000.

2008 Ninja 250
2009 KLR 650
2015 Versys 1000 LT

Bob
Menasha, WI
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by canit View Post
Glad you finally got it. I'm hoping the Puig windscreen will allow me to hear the engine. It just seems goofy to have to buy an expensive device because the engine is too quiet.

Keep posting. I'm very interested to hear about other peoples experiences with the V1000.
I will.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 08:45 PM

Garage
Doubletronics.com for getting both lamps lit. I added it to my 2015 Versys 650. It has 4 wires, two tap into the low beam wires, and the other two splice into the power side of the high beam. High beam is adjustable so it is not on full blast but still looks symmetrical. I am very happy to have both bulbs lit.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode